Re: Family tree glitch

by cheerioincident

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
Ah, such a weird bug. If the sim parents die, your need to have one ghost become playable and the sim needs to marry his wife again, Now when the wife dies the tree will still be connected.
Message 11 of 24 (1,832 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

They used to show as dead. The Sims who have died since this glitch started show up as dead. Dead Sims only showed as alive when the rest of the errors started.

Message 12 of 24 (1,809 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And I've only ever released two spirits to the Netherworld. I didn't like that it seemed to essentially delete them from the game.

Message 13 of 24 (1,809 Views)

Hero
The error started after long after you sent them to the Netherworld ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 24 (1,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that was very very early in my game, as in a few years ago. The glitch started about 2+ months ago.

Message 15 of 24 (1,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, that won't be possible, as several of the ancestors in question have already had their ghosts culled by the game.

Message 16 of 24 (1,776 Views)

Hero
I'm unsure if you're issue is the same as the other family tree issue people are seeing. In the other saves I checked, dead Sims still looked dead but they did show similar behavior with the tree missing for certain Sims.

I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it . I forwarded your save to QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (1,762 Views)

Dead sims appearing as alive in the family tree

★★ Guide

Hi, I saw two posts with a similar problem and they were marked as fixed since a 2018 patch. I have a save that I started about 4 months ago and today I was looking at the family tree and saw the first members of the family as alive, but I am 100% that I released (?) their spirits. Besides that, when I click in those dead-alive-idk sims, they appear as unrelated to the family tree. I use the MCCC and I don't know for sure since when this thing started to happen. Thank you.

Captura de Tela (910).png

Captura de Tela (911).png

Message 18 of 24 (1,732 Views)

Re: Dead sims appearing as alive in the family tree

Hero

HI @jupkmn 

moved your post to a current similar report.

It could be an issue with MCCC as you're using that. Do you happen to have a save from before it started ? If not, could you share the current one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (1,716 Views)

Re: Dead sims appearing as alive in the family tree

★★ Guide

Hi! Sadly, for this save I don't have a save before it started, and this is the only one with a family this large, the ones with smaller families don't have this problem. But here is the link to this save anyway. Thanks :3

Message 20 of 24 (1,673 Views)