by cheerioincident

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Dead Sims showing alive, messing up the tree

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Vampire
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at family trees
What happens when the bug occurs? Family tree does not render properly
What do you expect to see? More complete family tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Second most recent patch

Since the second to last update, the family trees in my game have not rendered properly. In some cases, as pictured below, if I click on an ancestor's family tree, it appears as a single tile. Other cases, tiles are blank. I haven't figured out why some are blank like this, but none of the family trees render properly. For instance, the mother of the selected sim in the second picture is fourth-generation in my game, but I can't see her family at all. It's really annoying, since I use the family tree to make sure I don't accidentally set distant cousins up together.

Note: I have MCCC installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.

robin family tree.png robin family tree.png

Message 1 of 24 (2,745 Views)

Re: Family tree glitch

Hero

HI @cheerioincident 

what do you mean by blank ? Like totally empty or showing like they're dead ?

We currently have this but it looks a bit different: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-in-Family-Tree-Disappearing/m-p/7287642#M8065...

The parents/grantparents of your Sim are still alive, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (2,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Here's a more complete set of pictures to show the problem. It doesn't seem to matter if the ancestors are alive or dead. Also, Aaron is a 3rd generation sim, but his whole family tree is missing.

Thanks!

luke family tree.pngmanali family tree.pngaaron family tree.png

Message 3 of 24 (2,643 Views)

Hero
Do you maybe have a save from before this started happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (2,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't know how to use previous saves. And I don't believe I have one from before the glitch started.

Message 5 of 24 (2,632 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your current save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (2,615 Views)

Hero

@cheerioincident 

Those Sims that don't show the tree, are they still alive ? If so, where do they live ? If not, where is they're gravestone ? Do they still exist as ghosts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • The ones like Lilah and Aaron from the pictures are dead. Their gravestones are in a cemetery I made in Willow Creek. However, they no longer exist as ghosts.
Message 8 of 24 (2,507 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks.

I'll get back to you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (2,504 Views)

Hero
It seems that in your trees, none of the dead Sims show dead, leading to issues.

Did they ever show as dead ? Like before you sent them to the netherworld ?

Also non of your auto-backups are before it got this way, so I don't know if there's anything that can be done to fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (2,465 Views)