by Sylvaton

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [V] Vampire Sims keep losing energy during university events

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a vampire Sim to certain campus events on sunny/partly sunny days
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire Sim loses energy throughout event, even though they’re indoors
What do you expect to see? No energy loss once they vanish from screen into building
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve seen this happen with some similar events, but this was the worst. My vampire Sim went to give a guest lecture at university on a sunny day, and their energy kept dropping as though they were still outside throughout the lecture. Then when they reappeared after the lecture was done, they died of sun exposure instantly. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,009 Views)

Re: Vampire Sims keep losing energy during university events

Hero
@Sylvaton To be sure, this is for rabbithole events ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (997 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict ... I don’t actually know what you mean by “rabbithole event”.
Message 3 of 9 (972 Views)

Hero
@Sylvaton Rabbitholes are buildings where the Sims disappear into and you don't play them during that time. Like the lecture hall. As opposed to something that takes place on another lot and you play them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (970 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes. All were rabbit hole events.
Message 5 of 9 (940 Views)

Hero
@Sylvaton and you see this only for Uni rabbithole events or also for others like when they go to work normally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (900 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've only seen it for a couple of uni events -- this "give a guest lecture" one, and I think for my graduation on another vampire Sim, and I feel like at least one other similar event but I can't remember it now. Never for regular classes, though. Oh! I remember -- I think it was giving my presentation, maybe? Another common thread is that I start on campus for these events, as opposed to going from home.

Message 7 of 9 (886 Views)

Hero
@Sylvaton OK. Thanks for all the info.

I'll mark this as needs input to see if anyone else has this issue. Haven't personally tested.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Sylvaton Have you tried drinking a Sunlight Reversal cocktail before doing these events? Won't fix the problem but it should help your vampires live through it.

You learn the Sunlight Reversal recipe at level 11 of Vampire Lore.
Message 9 of 9 (812 Views)