Re: [TO TEST] Sims get money for selling paintings that don't belong to them

by ShinoTypeError

Original Post

★★★ Guide

My Sim is indeed a painter, but her brother who isn't can still sell them. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,170 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (728 Views)

Hero

Tagging @HoshinoKabi and @ShinoTypeError for saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (716 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hey Crin, sorry I still haven't got that save to you, been having some PC issues this last week. However, before said PC issues came up, I did notice that my Sims cannot actually sell the paintings at the festivals (I may have been mistaken when I thought this was possible, not sure why but the option isn't there anymore regardless). I CAN however sell the paintings painted by Sims on those easels in the Arts Quarter, but only with Sims that actually live in that district. I tested this a week or so ago by having one of my Sims who lives in Willow Creek visit the Arts Quarter - there were completed paintings on the easels but that Sim could do nothing but scrap them. 

Sims that live in the Arts Quarter can sell any paintings left behind on those easels there, and only if they are on their home lot at the time (so if they are on a neighbor's lot for example the option isn't there). It seems as though the game sees the outside area as an extension of their lot so they are allowed to sell the paintings. 

To reproduce: Create a sim and move them into an apartment in the Art district. Wait for NPC Sims to come by and paint something. As long as they actually finish the painting, your Sim should be able to go down there and sell the paintings. 

Message 13 of 20 (702 Views)

Re: Sims get money for selling paintings that don't belong to them

Hero

I was able to replicate this with the new info and have added.

Not sure if it's a CL issue and only happening at the SM worlds or also in other worlds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (686 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] University Exploit- Selling Roommates' Paintings

Hero

@The_Ratticator  Actually this is not new but it may be unique to the DU dorms in that it is a lot.  I have always been able to sell paintings that were created by others in various different places but all those places were in the world, not on a lot.  Like in the Arts district in San Myshuno.  I can sell the paintings from the easels in the world near where the vendor stalls generate but not those on the easels inside the Arts Center in live mode.  I put an easel in the art museum in Willow Springs and can only sell a painting in live mode that my sim painted, but not those created by others.  I can still sell them if I go to build mode while my sim is on the lot and the funds get added to my household.  Same holds true for the Arts Center.  I can sell paintings off the easel at the Chalet in Windenberg too that overlooks the garden and is in the world.  There's several other places in various worlds where you can do it.  I don't know if it can be done at the easels in Brichester where the art society meets.  Just haven't tried to yet so it may very work. 

Message 16 of 20 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Huh, I didn't know there were other places you could do this. It does still come across as an unintentional exploit, though, given how cheaty it feels.

Message 17 of 20 (671 Views)

Hero
@The_Ratticator There is actually an older thread for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-get-money-for-selling-paintings-that-don-t-belong-to... but as that one didn't use the template, it's good to have a new one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (666 Views)

Hero

It may very well be but I don't mind it very much.  But it isn't as bad as the one in Strangerville right after it came out that allowed you to bypass all the celebrity meet options and go directly to the regular friendly, etc. options on them if you asked them about Strangerville first.  It happened in a very specific set of circumstances in that you had to be living there and meet one on the street.  If you tried to meet them first, then it didn't happen or if you traveled to the bar or library and tried it there or if your home world was anywhere other than the part of Strangerville where the bar is.  It does appear to be fixed now though even though I haven't seen any patch notes saying it was.  

Message 19 of 20 (657 Views)

Hero

@crinrict  I hadn't seen that post.  Thanks for pointing it out.  That is what I have seen to be happening in my game.  I'm not certain, but when I think about it, it may have just been my career painters that could do it because sometimes I couldn't sell them and could only scrap them to get at the easel to have my sim paint one himself/herself.

Message 20 of 20 (633 Views)