by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims leaves class early on travelling to another lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? February 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? DU, Get famous, pets and city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Had 2 sims travel to other lots when one of my other sim household still has her university classes.
What happens when the bug occurs? After travelling to different lots, the sim who is still supposed to be in her class suddenly left early which is very annoying, as this bug has never happened to me with my previous alumni sims before when they were still studying in FI. I’ve investigated the issue by myself and it was due to my current student sims attending Britechester which is a different university. By observing how this bug happens is that I created another 2 random sims and make them enrolled in FI. I tried to make one sim travel to a different lot while one of them is still having his class and it went just fine as the sim didnt leave his class suddenly.
What do you expect to see? sim would not leave class early when having other sims travelling to other lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Im just so frustrated and disappointed at the same time with this pack and EA for having a poor product quality control management. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (2,437 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims leaves class early when travelling to another lot

Hero
@celiboy77 Would be good if you could list all your packs. Some issues only occurs on certain pack combinations which is why QA needs to know what you have (you can also say all but, blabla whatever is less).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict done listed all the other packs that I have. But I guess this post would not be useful as I tried to check if others are experiencing the same as well and no one has posted the same discussion for now on. Guess Im the only one so Idk if this problem is going to be overlooked.

Message 3 of 12 (2,371 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 I will test this although not sure when I have time to see if it also occurs on PC.

I've also forwarded the issue so it won't get overlooked but depending on how many users are affected, it may take longer to fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,350 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict i have just had this same thing happen on pc platform as well
Message 5 of 12 (2,313 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SoldierMom i know this reply is kinda late but just wondering if you’ve installed mods or ccs in your game?
Message 6 of 12 (2,248 Views)

University gameplay hindered, sim will leave class if player leaves lot.

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: All GPs: All except Dine-Out SPs: My First Pet, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party Free Content: Guitar and Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Have a sim enrolled in university and take them to the lot to get them to class on time. Step 2: Switch control to a sim on another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim leaves their class early and goes home when you leave the lot to play as another sim.
What do you expect to see? Sim should stay in class when I leave the lot to play as another sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I found this bug while playing with the Pleasant household in Britechester, the two sims are in different universities and have overlapping class schedules.

Message 7 of 12 (2,132 Views)

Re: University gameplay hindered, sim will leave class if player leaves lot.

Hero
@icanfixthislater Merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,093 Views)

Sim is removed from class/activity when you travel off lot

★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get into university (either one), go to any class or activity, then travel off lot with another Sim (causing a loading screen). Also be off lot when a Sim who is it home has a class start.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you arrive after traveling somewhere, the Sim that was in class is removed and is showing as being at home. The same thing will happen if they are in an activity (soccer or e-sports). Also, if you are off lot when another Sim who is at home has class they will not go to that or an activity on their own (like they would go to work).
What do you expect to see? I would expect a Sim to stay in their class/activity even if I travel off lot with another member of the household. I would also expect them to go to their class/activity on their own if I am off lot with another Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Like I said above if you travel when another Sim in your household is in class/activity they will be taken out. I know it affects your activity performance, but I'm not sure about class. I'm sure it does though, because it probably is the same thing as choosing "Leave Early". I was also surprised to see that when I was at the Foxbury campus with other Sims, a Sim that was at home and goes to Britechester got the notification that he had class in 1 hour, but then never went on his own when the time came. He ended up missing the class because I was doing stuff with the other Sims. I saw the same thing for both universities, so I don't think only one university is affected. I tested with and without mods with the same results. I'm not sure if this was happening when I got the game the day it came out, or if it started happening after a patch.

Message 9 of 12 (2,061 Views)

Re: Sim is removed from class/activity when you travel off lot

Hero
@vadish3825 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,020 Views)