Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck sitting while doing uni homework

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs, except for "My first pet stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A sim enrolled in university (Britechester) and living on the dorm starts doing homework and sits (regular chair, high chair i tested both and always occurs)
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress bar for the action (homework) stops, time stops too: if i speed up it seems time flows correctly but when I pause the clock goes back to the hour mi sim started doing homework. I tried stopping the action and even entering build mode with bb.enablefreebuild to remove the chair: going into live mode the chair reappears in its place and the sim is still stuck. Sometimes other sims (roommates) start a conversation but get stuck standing while near my sim.
What do you expect to see? The sim should do her homework in a reasonable amount of time and get up from the chair when its done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 11/12/2019 – PC 1.58.63.1010

I have mods installed:

- roburky's "meaningful stries"

- deaderpool's "MC Command Center"

- some makeup CC and a bit of custom furniture.

I tried playing without the script mods but the bug is still occurring. It first happened yesterday, I restarted the game various times but I am unable to save: my sim has to do homework for uni but keeps getting stuck and I cannot save nor do anything else.

Message 1 of 10 (1,515 Views)

Re: Sim stuck sitting while doing uni homework [DU]

Hero
@kora_no_hoshi Sounds like a freezing.

Is that an NPC sim that's doing homework that's freezing your game ? Did you use any mods to add teens to your dorms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@kora_no_hoshiSounds like a freezing.

Is that an NPC sim that's doing homework that's freezing your game ? Did you use any mods to add teens to your dorms ?

@crinrict It's my sim the one doing homework, other NPCs are just standing there and chatting at most.

All the sims in the dorm are YA, I don't generally use mods other than Meaningful Stories and MCCC, but these are not installed at the moment: except for some aesthetic CC there should be nothing creating conflicts.

The game makes it seem like my sim IS doing homework; halfway the action the progress stops and it seem s like the action is still going but everything stops.

I tried resetting the sim or quitting the action, and as I mentioned beforehand, i tried to take away the chair/desk but nothing actually happens.

Message 3 of 10 (1,475 Views)

Hero
@kora_no_hoshi The reason I asked is this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Freezing-during-homework/td-p/6704327/

But that happens if a teen is doing homework autonomously.

Does it happen reproducible each time you do homework ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,470 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I don't think that's the case, the sim doing homework is YA and the action is not done autonomously. The homework is for University.

Sometimes the sim gets stuck only doing homework, other times after chatting with another YA.

I don't know if it's actually a problem with sitting and multitasking, because maybe it once happened while the sim was eating and chatting while seated. But it mostly has happened with uni homework
Message 5 of 10 (1,467 Views)

Hero
@kora_no_hoshi Is this in a dorm ?

Did you edit the dorm in any ways ? Do you only get it at the dorm or also at the commons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,449 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I got it once at the commons too: both the dorm and the other building were taken from the gallery.
Message 7 of 10 (1,439 Views)

Hero
@kora_no_hoshi Is there any cc in the dorm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,425 Views)

Champion

I have this problem, too. It first occured in a premade dorm (the one with Jula Wright), but later also at community lots. Every time a townie student chooses to do their uni homework, the game freezes. I'm not sure if simply doing homework is the trigger or if it's doing homework + another aspect. So far the game hasn't frozen when my own sims do their uni homework at their home lot. Free will is off, in case that matters.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 10 (1,335 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, the only cc I use is sim's makeup.
After several attempts I resolved the issue having the sim do her homework on a bench outside the lot.
Message 10 of 10 (1,286 Views)