by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck on "play normally"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When enrolled in university, have your Sim join the soccer team, take the next term off, and have the "packing up" event occur while your Sim is playing. Your Sim will also have quit the team in the middle of a game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets the little icon that occurs when you're at work or an activity
What do you expect to see? Sims needs go down a lot faster, even with traits like "Forever Fresh" or "Seldom Sleepy." Also, Sim won't sleep through the night.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Purchased Discover University. Bug still occurs even after removing mods.

play_normally_bug.jpg

I want my Sim to take the term off for WinterFest. I don't want to have to re-enroll just to get rid of this bug.

Message 1 of 8 (2,236 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck on "play normally"

Hero
@lambcaey Thanks for the detailed steps on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't do the exact steps, but I think I have a similar problem. I have a family of two sims that are both enrolled at Britechester. Both were at the library, one had a class to go to. So, I took the sim that had to go to class to the campus and left the other sim at the library. Once class started and my sim was in class, I switched control back to the sim at the library. Now, the sim that went to class, is locked in a similar way. It says that she is in class all the time, even when she is at home or on other lots. I can't access her personal inventory. I can have her do things, but now that she can't access her inventory, she can't do a lot of things she needs to.

Message 3 of 8 (2,135 Views)

Hero
@k23johanson Sounds more like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-On-Active-Lot-but-Greyed-Out-On-Sim-List/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I just found it. Thanks!

Message 5 of 8 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you fix this problem? I'm currently having it and have no clue what to do. Moving doesn't fix it and I also don't want to re-enroll as I'm about halfway through my degree

Message 6 of 8 (1,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever end up getting this fixed? im having this same issue and i dont know how to solve it

Message 7 of 8 (875 Views)

★★ Guide

I was able to resolve this by having my sim join the retail part time job. Once she went to her first shift, her hygiene and energy needs stopped draining so fast and once she got home the people icon was gone. I suspect an odd job would also fix it.

Message 8 of 8 (727 Views)