Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] NPCs stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after moving in/playing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Island Living, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, and Moschino stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a recently graduated classmate move into your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? The new household member never receives their diploma (even though I saw them go to graduation and they did receive a graduation photo). The end up being stuck as a "graduate" on the career screen, never triggering the bonuses and career advancements that come from being a graduate. They can apply for a job but have to start at the bottom of that career, even though they completed an advanced degree. They also are not able to reapply to college because the game thinks they are still currently enrolled.
What do you expect to see? I expected the new household member to graduate and be able to access the career advancements accordingly, just as the Sim I had played all the way through school did.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I added a classmate to my household right after the last class of the term and directly before graduation. We both attended graduation together. My Sim received her diploma and was able to continue on to an advanced place in her career. The new household member however never receives their diploma (even though I saw them go to graduation and they did receive a graduation photo). The end up being stuck as a "graduate" on the career screen, never triggering the bonuses and career advancements that come from being a graduate. They can apply for a job but have to start at the bottom of that career, even though they completed an advanced degree. They also are not able to reapply to college because the game thinks they are still currently enrolled.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION:

He was an NPC roommate who had moved out of her house autonomously prior to the last term. This was an off campus house that I had been living in with roommates while going through school. After he moved out they started dating, then during the last term but before graduation i had him move in as part of the household so now he was playable by me. 

When the prompt for graduation came, they both were living there in my household and were taken back to campus by the game (baby went to daycare) and it did a little rabbithole into one of the buildings for the graduation ceremony and then it let them go back to their house (I believe I had to click on the house icon on their avatar). There’s no move out screen because they already lived off campus. I don’t know if there would be one if she lived in a dorm as I haven’t played a Sim in the dorm that far. 

Then this is where the first auto-save I sent [to someone helping me] starts - they’ve just returned from graduation and have the graduated moodlet. Then a couple Sim hours later a popup message comes (for her) that she’s received her diploma. He never got that message even though on the career screen it shows he is also a graduate. It’s like the game got stuck between graduation and diploma for him. 

EDIT FOR UPDATE TEST:

I also tried modifying his graduation status in the cheat screen using this cheat: Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PsychologyDegreeBS but nothing happened. He's still stuck after graduation but before the diploma comes.

Source: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/cheats.php 

Screenshot (5).png

Message 1 of 137 (23,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

Hero

Student Sims will no longer be labeled as Graduate after completing the Graduation Ceremony. Congratulations!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Please be aware that this fix most probably doesn't affect already bugged NPCs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 134 of 137 (11,550 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

Hero
@desertrose0601 To be sure as info: At what point did you remove your mods ? Did you have any in during the graduation ?

Do you happen to have a backup from before the graduation and can check if it happens again ?

The game makes automatic backups from the last 5 save points.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 137 (23,239 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Oh it’s been months since I’ve dabbled with mods. I don’t even have them saved on my computer anymore. Nothing during the time I’ve played University has had any mods or CC. 

Message 3 of 137 (23,213 Views)

Hero
@desertrose0601 OK. Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, don't have a solution for you but forwarded.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 137 (23,210 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thank you for your help! I’ll check into that backup thing and report back.

Message 5 of 137 (23,206 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Okay I went in and tested the backups. I had an auto-save from right after he moved in and just after they graduated (I had moved him in directly before the graduation ceremony). In this, they both still had the graduation moodlet. A couple Sim hours later, my main Sim received notice that she had gotten her diploma, her "student" career disappeared and she is now able to get a job as normal. The Sim I had moved in (the male Sim), continued to not receive that notice and continued stuck in the post-graduation, pre-diploma stage. So basically I was able to duplicate the bug.

I am next going to try another save that looks like it's from before he moved in, and before anyone graduates. I think I will try waiting to have him move in until after she graduates and see if that changes anything.

Message 6 of 137 (23,193 Views)

Hero
@desertrose0601 Could you upload the saves somewhere and PM me the links. This might be related to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Error-Code-102-6ee24dd4-4e6f578f-Corrupted/td-p/84...

if you have a save where you can recreate the bug, that's immensely helpful to QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 137 (23,188 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you! Sent.
Message 8 of 137 (23,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, just thought I'd mention I had the same issue. 

My sim graduated and I had another sim from the university move in with them. The second sim is currently stuck as having graduated without a diploma or the benefits.

I can't say if they had attended the ceremony but it's been a few in game days now and nothing has come up about a ceremony. They're still yet to receive their diploma. 

Quite frustrating as I can't even send them back to uni to try and trigger the event or anything. 

Message 9 of 137 (23,143 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoisonMookie Oooh yeah I’m not alone! That’s exactly what happened to me. I’m thinking I may just have to rewind to a previous save and not have him move in at all. It’s definitely a weird and frustrating bug.
Message 10 of 137 (23,135 Views)