by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim Erased After Repro Visit

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe by having massive bills not paid and not valuable enough items for the repo person to take. Wait until they leave, save and go to manage worlds to evict the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets erased after a repo person visits and leaves. The empty household remains.
What do you expect to see? My sim not to be erased.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It probably started because my sim was on the gym when loading the household. He got massive bills there 27k (he lives in the starter home in Forgotten Hollow). He had no money to pay it and I decided to wait for the repo person to come and see what happens. She took several items, maybe 10, but it was not near enough to cover the bills. Night came and she left. I saved and went to manage worlds. I decided it was best to move out, so I evicted my sim. Next thing I notice is he has been erased from the game completely. The household name and funds still show, but it's empty, editing goes to create a sim. Also his house was returned to the state before the repo person came. I repaired the game and the empty household was back "living" in his house. The household picture was flashing, could not enter the lot and evicted again. The household was empty just like before, my sim gone.

Edit: Edited because it seems to be about repo visit rather than evicting.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,566 Views)

Re: Sim Erased After Evicting

Hero
@simsimsere Do you have a backup from before you evicted them and can you duplicate it happening again ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I was able to duplicate it. I had saved about a day before before it happened. A repo person came again and left 10:00 pm. This time I noticed my sim's household picture was flashing already before evicting. So it likely has more to do with the repo person's visit than evicting itself. I attached a screenshot of how the flashing looks.

Message 3 of 8 (1,533 Views)

Hero
@simsimsere Would you mind sending me that save from before it happened ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,519 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sent you the save, let me know if there's a problem or anything.

Message 5 of 8 (1,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simsimsere Thank you.

I'll check it out and get back to you.

EDIT: I can def duplicate this on your save. It's like the repro man re-posseses the Sim and delete him from the household. All seems to be fine though as long as you don't move out.

I'd say: Cheat money on that backup and pay the bills. Probably best workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @crinrict ! Since he is a side character I'll probably play it out as a disappearance story. But your workaround is good for anyone with the same problem who doesn't want to lose their sim.

Message 7 of 8 (1,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simsimsere It might corrupt your save further though as that blue square is not good.

Delete the empty household

I did a short test on my save and mine was fine but she has a big house with lots of stuff so had repro man only took one thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,452 Views)