[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Servo level reduced upon upload to Gallery / adding to family

by eustacecs

Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Servo level reduced upon upload to Gallery / adding to family

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? No idea. Latest, Snowy Retreat DLC pre-patch has been installed.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get lvl 3 Servo. Upload it to Gallery. Then _from the Gallery_ add it to existing household (by merging or replacing).
What happens when the bug occurs? Servo level drops to 2.
What do you expect to see? As three-something days ago, prior to Snowy DLC pre-patch, Self-repair option is available and works.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Retreat pre-patch

To add insult to injury, repairmen ignore incapaciated Servo if he's out of bounds of home lot.

Video of this and related problems with Servos - I remember I reported issue with repairmen ten months ago so I won't open extra topic for it yet.

Thanks gods due to another bug incapaciated Servos can still travel (both are on same video in last five minutes). And if you'll travel to San Myshuno's cheapest apartments, you can PROBABLY (I got lucky at the end of the video) end up in a spot where repairman can reach you.

There is a miniscule chance that the issue is not in Self-Repair option removal but in Enhancement level being reset from 3 to 1 - but hell, I won't go digging game files just to confirm it. This game's bugs ate too much of my time already.

A copy of level 3 Servo I uploaded to Gallery became level 2 Servo upon downloading it back then merging/replacing it into existing family.

To make things worse, Snowy Retreat DLC pre-patch happened between upload and download so I'm absolutely not sure into which direction to dig for the issue's cause.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 2 (467 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Servos can't self-repair

★ Guide
A quick follow-up. Got some spare time to waste onto adding more details here.

It appears that Snowy Retreat DLC pre-patch lowered my servo's level by one (was 3, became 2). Re-gaining level 3 unlocked self-repair just right.

I'll update the first message in this topic accordingly.

I'm STILL not entirely sure if it affected only servos stored in Gallery or servos at active lots too since I didn't preserved that save game (jokes on me).

Trying random servo (listed as lvl10) from Gallery was unsuccessful: it was incapable of self-repair too (second servo in that household_was_ capable though).

Additional intel from any highlevel'ed servo owner is much appreciated.
Message 2 of 2 (420 Views)