by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Servo has skin after joining Debate

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15-1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except "Tiny Houses"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Servo at Brindleton Univerity in Debate Club go to the Debate Showdown and join the Debate.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Servo gets a Sims skin with the clothing of a Debater.
What do you expect to see? They still look like a Servo and do not look like a Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is how the Servo usually looks:

It looks interesting in hover mode...

Message 1 of 8 (1,229 Views)

Re: Servo has skin after joining Debate

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lucy_Godwing Does it get back to normal when they change out of the outfit ?

Looks like a variation of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-S-Servos-become-human-during-Spooky-Day/td-p/86...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThe only solution I have found is exiting the game, I can try this again, but it might take some time (after all the showdown only comes once a week).
I tried to reset the Servo and that did not help.
I went into CAS and the Servo was normal there, but after checking, the Servo still had the Sim skin.

Message 3 of 8 (1,213 Views)

Hero
@Lucy_Godwing So he didn't change back after the debate at all and youc can't change in the outfit categories ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict That would be correct. The debate just started again, The Servo is wearing the Sim skin, but cannot change her outfit at all, there is no option for that.

Apparently, this time the Servo changed back automatically, I wonder why it didn't last time though...

Message 5 of 8 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lucy_Godwing There was a bug where they didn't change back. Maybe there's still certain circumstances where they don't.

Did you travel with your Sim before the debate was over ? Did anything else differently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,094 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I think officially it was over, but maybe I traveled to soon, that might be it.
I still find it weird that they wear Sim skin at all, that's just extremely odd.
Message 7 of 8 (1,077 Views)

Hero
@Lucy_Godwing Of course. That part should not be happening but looks like the same issue as I linked above (just for a different occasion.

Just wanted to make sure it goes back to normal.

Might merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,071 Views)