by Chaubin_806

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Servos become human wearing custom

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a custom holiday and select the dress up tradition. Then play a household with a Servo.
What happens when the bug occurs? Servo turns into a human Sim, because it dresses up.
What do you expect to see? Servo not becoming human/ not dressing up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can see the bug here:

https://twitter.com/touchmygaga/status/1222512390467616768?s=21

Message 1 of 6 (5,149 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Servos become human during Spooky Day

Hero

So Funny

@Zenionith 

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (5,123 Views)

Servo turns into a Sim on wear costume

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On a holiday where you can wear a costume, click on servo and select wear costume
What happens when the bug occurs? Servo turn into a sim
What do you expect to see? The option not available or servo wearing a costume or servo as a sim without the eyes juxtaposed on the sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a holiday spooky day in my save file. It has the wear costumes tradition. All my sims wear in costume so I clicked on my servo to see if the option was available and it was. I wore the cheerleading costume and my servo turned into a sim with the servo eyes juxtaposed on it

Message 3 of 6 (4,290 Views)

Re: Servo turns into a Sim on wear costume

★ Guide
I also just got this bug ! It's a bit terrifying to see a sim turn their head around like a servo does.

Game version 1.70.84.1020 if that's relevant
Message 4 of 6 (4,030 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The problem is, as in previous games, Servos are actually not robots but just regular sims with permanent Servo skins. Not so permanent on certain conditions Standard smile

In TS2 I used to make "androids" by turning Servos into regular sims - but they had all their abilities intact. In TS4, however, it wasn't possible (for me) to turn them into regular sims permanently, they are servos again after any reload.

Message 5 of 6 (4,005 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Same bug seems to apply for all outfits. Interestingly, wearing a costume was servo's favorite Spooky Day activity.... maybe he just wanted to dress up as a human? I was only able to remove the costume by altering the servo's color scheme. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,840 Views)