[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Gnomes become stuck/immovable after Harvestfest (Dorms)

by CptnVanderbeam

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Gnomes become stuck/immovable after Harvestfest (Dorms)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.56.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL of them except for Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Experience Harvestfest in the dorms (this has been occurring in the Wyvrnn dorm)
What happens when the bug occurs? At least one gnome will bug out and become an immovable object. This will transfer over to legacies of college graduates. They are unclickable, I'm unable to place them in my inventory, and Reset (Debug) won't fix it. This will create at least 4-5 active gnomes on Harvestfest. I'm not able to give the buggy ones offerings but it will teleport with the other actually active gnomes on a new Harvestfest. The buggy gnome(s) will still remain unclickable after Harvestfest is over. One out of every set of three gnomes, one will stay.
What do you expect to see? Gnomes that make themselves permanently apart of the dorm landscape. They are also physical obstacles which has resulted in me having to claim another bed because the permanent gnomes will block my ability to get into the bed until the next Harvestfest and they're able to teleport again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

All of the aforementioned issues occurred when living in a dorm. They actually seem to happen more often than not in the Wyvrnn Dorm, but that could also be because I have used that dorm most. This testing has been done over three generations of sims totally five college attendees, all legacies except for my first two. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,204 Views)

Re: False plagiarism/relentless gnomes/Fletcher household

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam In the bug forum, one thread per issue is needed. Thankfully, yours already have one and you can just add your voice there

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Accused-Of-Cheating-On-Homework/m-p/8435696
- Gnomes actually aren't supposed to despawn so that part is not a bug. You should be able to move them to your inventory or to somewhere else though. The second part has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Already-Owned-Gnomes-Act-as-Gnomes-During/td-p/8...
- Not sure if I understand this one correctly but if I do, then that's not a bug. Fletcher is a premade household living in a dorm. If you move to that dorm, you are added to his household and both become playable. it's the same as if you move into a house another family is already living in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,173 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry about posting for multiple bugs. And I double-checked and you're correct about the Fletcher household. I'd overlooked this and thought it was a dorm. 

While the cheating thread you posted about sounds like it's the same bug, the gnome issue is completely different. 

I'm very familiar with how the gnomes are supposed to act. Usually, I pick them all up and sell them after Harvestfest is over. However, in this instance, at least one of the gnomes become an immovable object. I can't pick it up or interact with it at all. I can shift-click it and debug it but that won't work either. So it just stays there, unmoved. However, on following Harvestfests, it begins to act like a normal gnome and teleports around with the others; however, I also can't give them offerings. This has happened twice, resulting in 5 gnomes constantly teleporting into my tiny single dorm room. 

In my first playthrough, I graduated right after Harvestfest so my first sim left the gnomes there. When my second sim (her child) attended the same college, the three gnomes were there and I sold the two I could and that's when I first noticed the one immovable gnome. After that Harvestfest was over, I was again able to only sell two of the three new gnomes, resulting in TWO completely immovable and non-interactable gnomes in the dorm. I assume if I continue on this playthrough, it will continue leaving one immovable gnome every Harvestfest until the whole place is just filled with immovable gnomes. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,149 Views)

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam Could you edit your post to just be about stuck gnomes then ? I can't duplicate it. I can duplicate the other issue (moving around again like the other issue I linked) and I pretty sure that wasn't the case either before.

Are you celebrating harvestfest in the dorms or house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I've updated my post to be just gnome-related and added a few additional details. 

The permanent gnomes have only occurred in the Wyvrnn Dorm. I have celebrated Harvestfest in a house in the same playthrough after my first two sims graduated and the gnomes acted as they normally would and I was able to put all three in my inventory. I also celebrated a Harvestfest in the opposing college dorm (I can't recall the name) and I was able to put all three of those gnomes in my inventory, also. As far as I can tell, this may be a Wyvrnn Dorm exclusive bug.

Message 5 of 10 (1,121 Views)

Champion
@CptnVanderbeam could the gnome you couldn't pick up and move be the new end table that looks like a gnome? That's been spawning as a gnome for harvestfests, even though it doesn't have the normal gnome interactions because it is a table.
Message 6 of 10 (1,107 Views)

★ Apprentice

@simvasion I wasn't aware of that! I suppose one of the gnomes could be, he's one I've never seen before and is holding what I thought was bread of some sort but could possibly be a flat surface to serve as an end table. But that still doesn't make sense in a dorm that I'm completely unable to move or interact with him to the point that he blocks access to my own bed. However, the second gnome that froze in place was a different gnome wearing an intertube. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,075 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Gnomes become stuck/immovable after Harvestfest (Dorm

★★★ Pro

@CptnVanderbeam  Did your game generate any LE's?  My game generated LEs after harvestfest.  I was still able to move the gnomes.  I was able to put all spawned gnomes in my inventory and delete them.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>ce823df9d2da09225e4db316</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-02-21 09:07:35</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1020-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>game_object.py:818</categoryid><desyncid>ce823df9d2da09225e4db316</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error during inventory load (RuntimeError: [Zone: 7360a5c9435cedb] Object ID: [d5a0a86c0c92866, 0x0000000000035227] is not OBJECT, PersistenceGroup = 3&#13;&#10;)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 114, in wrapped&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 110, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 558, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1460, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 672, in on_enter&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 648, in batch_spawn_during_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 817, in _spawn_next_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 851, in _spawn_requested_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner.py", line 448, in spawn_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1946, in create_sim_instance&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 183, in create_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 575, in add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 181, in add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 87, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 305, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2557, in on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 120, in __exit__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2557, in on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 724, in load_items&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\sim_inventory_component.py", line 137, in _load_item&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 734, in _create_inventory_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 185, in create_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 181, in add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 87, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 305, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\game_object.py", line 828, in on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\game_object.py", line 818, in _add_to_world&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: [Zone: 7360a5c9435cedb] Object ID: [d5a0a86c0c92866, 0x0000000000035227] is not OBJECT, PersistenceGroup = 3&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;rtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>

Message 8 of 10 (991 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [S] Gnomes become stuck/immovable after Harvestfest (Dorm

Hero
@canelacaliente are you still getting the table gnome as gnome ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (974 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict No

Message 10 of 10 (959 Views)