by Kaylycat

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Roommates don't clean up plates

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk the most recent as of 12/20/19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but moschino and strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play when you have discover university, live with roommates in any world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Roommates bring over food (not a problem) and leave it in obscure places, but won't put it away. Food goes bad and they'll eat the spoiled food while i have more than enough fresh food in the fridge. this happens in dorm rooms, uni housing and residential with roommates.
What do you expect to see? Roommates bring over food and put it away in the fridge, clean up the spoiled food. Roommates shouldn't be sloppy and disgusting just because they don't have the neat trait. They should at least mildly (even one dish???) clean up after themselves. I could understand if they had the messy or whatever trait that is but they don't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded discover university.

By obscure places i mean they'll leave them in their rooms, behind columns, just in really out of the way places. Sometimes they'll place them in full view, or easy to find places but that's rare. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 3 (1,748 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates don't clean up plates

Hero
@Kaylycat Please post here for the eating spoiled food: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-keep-eating-spoiled-food/td-p/7969088/

I do have them clean up but that's in the dorms. Do you have the issues in houses with room mates only ? Thought them bringing food was a dorm feature as you can't cook there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,707 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates don't clean up plates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Kaylycat 

• I think this is by design that roommates don't put the food in the refrigerator.  Sims living in the household don't autonomously put food in the refrigerator.
  • Roommates cleaning up depends on the roommate.  Roommates who are neat are more likely to clean than those who aren't.  Where are you having the issues with cleaning (apartment, dorm, residential lot, tiny home)?
Message 3 of 3 (1,247 Views)