Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Roommates' boyfriends/girlfriends are already married sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a roommate. Wait for their SO to appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The girlfriend and/or boyfriend is already married to another sim and (for me 100% of the time) a gay sim. Ex; a roommate was a female and her generated boyfriend was a married gay sim. Another roommate is male and his girlfriend is a gay female, again, already married.
What do you expect to see? Well I don't mind the game using my NPCs to create relationships, can be unexpected and fun. BUT, these sims were supposed to be, you know, gay... And also married. Breaks the immersion a little bit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did try without mods at some point but I have to use MC command center to "delete" the extraconjugal unwanted relationships. I was actually wondering if someone else was having that issue and what they do. If there is no work around, I'll just continue removing the relationships myself. It's just a little lame that the sim's sexuality preferences are not taken into account.

Message 1 of 13 (6,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates' boyfriends/girlfriends are already married sim

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (5,251 Views)

All Replies

Re: Randomly generated roommates' boyfriends/girlfriends are already married sim

Hero
@GengarUsedLick They definitely should't get married on their own but MCCC has a setting that does that. Also if you remove the mod, they won't be unmarried so to be sure, did you get Sims like that on an unmodded game (best if there never had any in) and are you sure they weren't spawned like that by the game initially ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,180 Views)

Re: Randomly generated roommates' boyfriends/girlfriends are already married sim

★★★★ Pro

I saw this myself and I have no mods/cc in my game.  Eliza Pancakes showed up as a girlfriend to one of my sim's room mates when I was last playing.  If I see something similar happen again, I'll try to get a screenshot, my sim has since moved out of that dorm. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 3 of 13 (6,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MapleSimmer Do they have an actual BF/GF relationship or does it just say on the tag that it's blabla's GF/BF ?

I think I completely misunderstood this before :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (6,123 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict The tag just said ‘room mates’ girlfriend’ or something similar to that and they were sitting on the couch in a way that seemed romantic (that’s actually what caught my attention). I saw them together a couple of times, though I’m not sure if that was because she didn’t leave and just stayed for a very long time or if she returned and they were back on the same couch. I expect it was the first option. I wasn’t playing the roommate, so couldn’t see it from his perspective. As I said, if I see something similar again, I’ll get some screenshots and pay closer attention. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 5 of 13 (6,109 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made every last of my NPCs and the automatic marriage option is turned off on my Mccc so the married couples are married because I decided it and created them like that (if that makes sense). The girlfriends/boyfriends are the ones who are already married to other unrelated sims but the game chooses them to become the lovers of the roommates instead of single sims. It's pretty weird... 

I tested in a new game without mods and the game generated a new NPC for a roommate but the girlfriend was generated before him and she was single but the thing is, before my sim asked the dude to be a roommate, they had started a romance together and he was already my sim's boyfriend. So even without mods, in a new save, the game makes the roommates not faithful.

I just woke up and didn't have my coffee yet so my English may not be in the best of shape here hahaha

Message 6 of 13 (6,080 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates' boyfriends/girlfriends are already married sim

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to myself, but the GF sim was in a relationship with my own sim's BF. Most strange of all, my sim and the GF wouldn't get any negative moodlets from seeing their SO have romantic interactions with my sim/the GF. 

Message 7 of 13 (5,792 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I've had something similar - my Sim is married to her roommate, and a sim just turned up on lot with the tag "Roommate's girlfiend".

Again, don't mind auto-generated NPC situations, quite like them... but that was a bit ridiculous! And this sim didn't have any other romantic relationships when he got married to my Sim. Not sure if they have one now, haven't checked.
Message 8 of 13 (5,589 Views)

★ Novice

A similar thing happened in my game. My sime was dating an unplayd sim and I wanted them to live together but not control them. A couple sims showed up with "roommates girlfriend " over their name. I made them get married hoping it would remove the glitch but in his relationships it has my sim as "spouse " and another random sim ( one that showed up earlier) as girlfriend.

Message 9 of 13 (5,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (5,252 Views)