by rostsit

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Random portrait of servos after graduation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make Servo graduate from university
What happens when the bug occurs? The graduation portrait shows random sim instead of Servo
What do you expect to see? The portraits should show Servos
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

DU is of course full of bugs and some are serious ones, but I just hope somebody will create a thread for each of them. this bug is quite small and simple, the best way to describe it is to just show. Here is my Servo and its portrait:

Untitled.jpg

It is pretty hilarious. I just hope this is a glitch and not developers being lazy and making a servo-lifestate just a permanent costume over an ordinary sim (which is somehow ignored by the portrait).

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 21 (3,368 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Random portrait of servos after graduation

★★★★★ Guide

Why "Need input" is on this thread? What other input is needed? I think my screenshot says it all as clear as possible.

Message 2 of 21 (3,307 Views)

Hero
@rostsit I though you knew by now what the tags mean Wink

You can read up on it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M83544

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (3,295 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI though I knew, too Standard smile Well, ok, let's wait until other servo players would graduate them from Universities Standard smile

Message 4 of 21 (3,291 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello @crinrict  @rostsit 

My Servo is a male and i have the same problem.

The portrait after graduation show a normal sim.

Message 5 of 21 (3,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Euhm, jep, got another one for you. Was really confused. 

Message 6 of 21 (3,216 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Does anyone know if this is still a problem? I mean, I guess it is, because I haven't seen anything about it in any patch notes, but just asking to make sure. I want to have a servo going to university, but I don't want him to bug out or to not have a proper graduation photo, so I'm hesitating on sending him to uni.

Message 7 of 21 (3,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yes, it is a problem. As I have mentioned earlier in other thread, servos are just robotic skin over a regular sim (similarly like skeletons). There are several means to get rid of it and see what they look like without said skin. Somehow graduation photo does the same and shows a "real" face of a sim behind the robot-skin.

Message 8 of 21 (3,001 Views)

Servo Random Graduation Picture

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attend graduation with a Servo Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The graduation picture shows a random Sim instead of the Servo
What do you expect to see? A graduation picture of my Servo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am guessing the Sim in the picture is the original Sim under the Servo "skin", and when the picture generates it is supposed to remove clothing so it also removes the skin. This has been happening since Discover University came out and it is kind of weird it has not been fixed yet.

Message 9 of 21 (2,947 Views)

Re: Servo Random Graduation Picture

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@vilik3stuf858It works slightly differently than you've described. What happens is that all clothes of a sim are replaced with this Academic dress. Dressing Servo always results in servo-skin being removed.

The reason for this was described in my original post - though back then I wasn't sure. But after some more testing it is clear now that the developers WERE lazy and chose the easiest way to add servos into the game - i.e. created them as ordinary sims with (not-so-permanent) robotic skins.

Message 10 of 21 (2,913 Views)