by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] No Secret Society members appearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but First pet, Laundry and Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play DU?
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, just the Secret Society does not exist at my game...
What do you expect to see? My sims should be able to join the secret society.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing DU

I enrolled my first Sims at Uni. He saw a Secret Society member, he talk to her. He have the option to offer something at the statue. He do not try to join because he was a vampire and he did not need any help. I enrolled a second sims, He already had the Offer Option at the statue. He offer a crystal and he got the Surreal Focus moodlet. I play a few days but nothing happened. I enrolled a third sim and a fourth one. With each one I do all the process again. Every time I got the Surreal Focus moodlet. Nothing, the Secret Society never show up. Since I saw the first member at the first days at uni I have not saw another member. I have played 7-9 weeks now, I think the SS in my game does not exist anymore.

Message 1 of 37 (5,216 Views)

Re: Secret Society not working

Hero
@osiazul what quality do your offerings have ? They need to be of high quality from what I understand but I haven't really tried this yet myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (5,186 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, they need to be high quality to trigger the Surreal Focus moodlet. I try with high quality metals, crystals and harvestables. The only SS member I saw was one girl from the Best Friends household (premades). I have not played her so I'm afraid that after so many weeks both girls are "on hold" as they will not enrolled to the next term until I start playing them.

Message 3 of 37 (5,181 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@osiazul Here's a guide: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/secret-society.php

I'm not sure how it works, maybe someone else can chime in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (5,172 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, I have done all that @crinrict many times with 3 different households... I will test with a new save, offering the same stuff. I'm playing in an old save, but I stop playing it  few days ago because I'm so afraid from triggering the error codes and those issues with the graduation. This EP is a little unstable :P I will update this. Thanks!

Message 5 of 37 (5,166 Views)

Hero
@osiazul Maybe it's a matter of the same issue that causes 109.

Did you get any lastexceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (5,137 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  So far I only got 2 lastexceptions with DU, I'm sure one is from I glitch with the robot table. I will attach them here. The SS worked in a new save. I will test this weekend playing with the Best Friends Household to see if that is the issue Wink I read that there is a bug joining the SS so I can wait for a patch to play it lol

Message 7 of 37 (5,095 Views)

★★ Guide

I can not attach the files so here is the info:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>fc83af670709b3ed5dd0481d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-11-16 19:45:50</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.58.63.1010-1.300.000.121.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>fc83af670709b3ed5dd0481d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10;rtim=248501</desyncdata></report>
</root>

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>fc83af670709b3ed5dd0481d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-11-16 19:45:50</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.58.63.1010-1.300.000.121.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>fc83af670709b3ed5dd0481d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10;rtim=248501</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 8 of 37 (5,094 Views)

Hero
@osiazul That LE is def not the same the 109 error throws.

Could you send me your broken save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (5,066 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Something similar was happening to me. I would leave the goods, I know they were good enough and at 11pm, I'd get an LE and noone would show up.

Thing is, if I didn't have MCCC, I wouldn't know an LE was occurring. It would just look like nothing happened.

In my current playthrough with the extra homeless sims, it worked just fine this time. No LE, and joined just fine.
Message 10 of 37 (5,045 Views)