by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] No/Rarely Super speed in Dorms

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP04
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, My First Per Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Movie Hangout Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When sleeping in a dorm, I can select the fast forward button but it will not actually fast forward for sleep action (single sim household)
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot full fast forward through sleeping when in a dorm with a single sim household. I can select the two fast forward options, however if I select the second, fastest option, it will not truly fast forward through sleep action like it does normally.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the normal fast forward (skip) through sleep action instead of the fast forward for daily tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has only happened since installing University, unsure if this is related to a patch or if this has come with the game. I have moved into 3 different dorms and have had this issue with each. have not had this issue outside of dorm lots but haven't tested in regular residential lots in University city (non-dorm student housing)

Message 1 of 10 (5,930 Views)

Re: Can't skip through sleep in a dorm!

Hero
@robsmac94 You mean the ultra speed doesn't kick in ? For me it's a bit hit and miss but I think if all room mates are at sleep, it should kick in, if you still have wake ones, it might not.

Does it also not work if all your room mates are asleep ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,899 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Due to that we cannot control the room mates or their guests, one should be able to fast forward even with awake sims if your household is sleeping.
Message 3 of 10 (5,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Tuggummipop Actually, I payed some more attention and it does fast forward for me even with them away. It doesn't always work thought as said, it's wonky for me.

Maybe it's if there's non-roomates in the dorms. I mean if you have NPCs on other lots, it doesn't kick in either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,878 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, the ultra speed just won't work. I don't think I've ever had all dorm mates asleep at once so it's possible it's because of that. I'm hoping that this can be fixed? It works very rarely and when it does its only for maybe 10 seconds real time. 

Message 5 of 10 (5,875 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's not very clear how it works, but it usually work when you restart the game. Then, if you later go some where with a loading screen the time bar goes bonkers.
Message 6 of 10 (5,846 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi!

I think it works when everybody is asleep, but the chance that all room mates are sleeping more or less at the same time s very low. And it's not like I can ask them to leave so that my sims can sleep faster.
Message 7 of 10 (5,779 Views)

Hero
@Tuggummipop Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (5,777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't work for me either. It. Seems to be happening when roommates have friends over. The game somehow think it is you who have the friends over, but it wasn't. It's also a bit tedious to go tell everyone to leave. I hope they fix this bug.

Message 9 of 10 (5,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@robsmac94The game automatically pushes your dorm mates to sleep when your sim does. If you send them to sleep at night, that is. My game fast forwards every night, unless there are other sims still on the lot. So if your roommates are throwing a party or something, fast speed will not work.

However, the last time I tried this during a party, the partygoers automatically left some time after everyone went to sleep.

Message 10 of 10 (5,715 Views)