Legacy Items Trashed After University Graduation

by keirkieran

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Lost Paintings/Upgrades/Broken Harvestable after moving (Uni)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a young adult Sim and have them go to university and live on campus.
What happens when the bug occurs? I moved my Sim to on-campus housing, graduated and moved to a new home. All of my paintings were transformed into blank canvases. All of my plants reverted to standard quality - and most of them won't produce harvestables anymore. All of my electronics lost their upgrades. It basically reset every item in my household. I built a Servo robot while at university. Since he didn't live on campus, I had to create an entirely new household for him - very annoying. Since moving off campus, my gardener bot has broken, but I don't have the option to repair it. I have the work station and I've upgraded it to level 8, but now the only option I have is to have it sit in my inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect all of the items that I have worked on to remain upgraded when I pack them to move - I didn't even get the option to pack. I had to select my housing option and it automatically packed up my house. It's all or nothing - it would be nice to be given an opportunity to pack. If you create a Servo on campus, it should be able to live with you at university housing. When a bot breaks, you should have the option to repair it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Discover University

Lost all plant evolution, item upgrades and paintings

I moved my Sim to on-campus housing, graduated and moved to a new home. All of my paintings were transformed into blank canvases. All of my plants reverted to standard quality - and most of them won't produce harvestables anymore. All of my electronics lost their upgrades. It basically reset every item in my household.

Servo can't live with you on campus

I built a Servo robot while at university. Since he didn't live on campus, I had to create an entirely new household for him - very annoying.

Can't Repair Gardening Bot

Since moving off campus, my gardener bot has broken, but I don't have the option to repair it. I have the work station and I've upgraded it to level 8, but now the only option I have is to have it sit in my inventory.

Message 1 of 7 (1,132 Views)

Legacy Items Trashed After University Graduation

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, and Patio Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim created books in in their bookcases when they leave for university.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon leaving University, everything that was in any container before university has been dumped into household inventory and any sim created book errored out or swapped for a default version, without author or custom title.
What do you expect to see? I expect to leave university, get to my new house and find my food in the fridge (or deleted even) and my books in the bookcase, with their custom data intact. Or are we expected to have our sim carry everything in their personal inventory to protect it?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

inventory.jpg

Everything that was in any container was DUMPED into the household inventory. Even the food in the fridge! I had to place each fruit, vegetable, seasoning, etc one at a time in the world and then drag it into the fridge. Is that how you designed it? Cus it was miserable!

Then I went to pull out the books and every one of my legacy books created by sims generations past were either DEBUG or switched to some default form with the custom title and author wiped out! They're ruined! All I can do is load a save before University and... I don't know, delete everything in the fridge and move all the books to the sim's personal inventory? It may work.

And I have no backed up version from just before leaving university (and your game blocks me from seeing their household inventory while at university so I can't check now can I?) So all I can do to test this further is to play through a week of University and then drop out so I can see my inventory!

Message 2 of 7 (1,073 Views)

Re: Legacy Items Trashed After University Graduation

Hero
@keirkieran I'm merging this with an existing thread on the issue.

Think it's the same one even though it's books for you.

The game does make automatic backups. Are they all from before you moved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I do have recovers from before I left university. I could try moving out before Move Out.

And yes, I think luxexnocte and I are having the same error. Thankfully the only legacy painting my sim was carrying was in her personal inventory. (Oh, and two photos that were in the household inventory were blacked out, too.)
Message 4 of 7 (1,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I loaded right before MoveOut and moved her out normally. No dice. Same mess as before. Everything is scrubbed or DEBUG, every toy that was in chest is here, every last green bean from the fridge, too. It's a disaster.

----

Tried again, making sure the lot I was going to had a fridge and such for the items to be dropped into before the sim was moved in. No help there.

----

UPDATE! I went in and built a box house, plopped in a fridge and bookcase and storage box and moved her into that. Now everything is where it should be with the custom data intact! Yay! Maybe something was bugged with the house? I also skipped moveout by a couple hours, so maybe that's part of it? I don't know. But here's the odd thing: all the items that are now where they should have been duplicated and dropped into household inventory as they were, with errored versions of the books etc. It's very strange but now I just have to delete all this duplicate crap. That's totally workable.

Message 5 of 7 (1,028 Views)

Hero
@keirkieran Would you mind uploading your before move save (if you stil have it) to google or one drive and PMing me the link ? It's good for recreation of the bug if it happens each time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sure thing. I have narrowed it down to a lot. It's Potters Splay in Willow Creek. I even bulldozed it and built a new little house on it. Nothing showed up in the fridge or the bookcase or storage when I moved her in straight from college.

I tested it every way I could think of. I checked it with or without my CC, loading it right before the move. Whether I waited for Move Out or just moved her myself, it was the same.

Every time she left her Household Inventory was chaos.

If I moved her to Potters Splay nothing transferred to the bookcase, fridge, or storage. 

If I moved her to Arid Ridge in Oasis Springs all her stuff showed up in the appropriate containers (but errored copies filled her Household Inventory). Her stuff showed in in fridges and such whether there was a fridge on the lot when she moved in or not. Moving her into a totally blank lot and then building was fine. AND I was able to then move her into Potters Splay without issue.

CC had no effect on the error.

___

Another Update: The one one computer that was in household inventory lost it's "overclock" upgrade, but the laptop in her personal inventory retained it.

I'll PM you the file link. But if anyone else has this problem, back up to before the move and try another lot. And have fun deleting all that garbage now in your household inventory.

Message 7 of 7 (1,005 Views)