[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Lighting does not work in some rooms (The Honeydew Fields)

by elusaphi

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Lighting does not work in some rooms (The Honeydew Fields)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sp14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except island living. All game packs except strangerville. Sims 4 my first pet stuff, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to add lighting to some rooms
What happens when the bug occurs? Lighting does not show up in some rooms
What do you expect to see? The room to be lit up when lights are on. I even tried turning them on. Supposedly they where already on but the lighting had no effect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is an issue I found with lighting. Lighting seems to work fine in the bathroom. But in the bedroom, living room, and computer room they are not working. The kitchen seems fine as well. The lighting seems to work with lighter wall paper that is white. But no other colors. There is no change between not having any light at night and adding lights. I attempted to add more lights after it got dark out and the rooms where just as dark as before. This is an issue since I want to see what my characters are doing. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,079 Views)

Re: Lighting does not work in some rooms

Hero
@elusaphi Did you test this on multiple houses or just a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,055 Views)

Hero
@elusaphi Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,026 Views)

★ Guide

I had this problem also, but I didn't write it to bug reports as I found a way around it. Anyway:

I had a two-story house. My living room downstairs had stairs to go up and from there I placed another set of stairs to the roof. After that I noticed that my living room lamps stopped working. After cursing and hitting my head to my table trying to figure out what was going on I decided to try and remove every piece of furniture from the room to see if there was somthing taht would cause it.  And after I moved the stairs out lights popped on again! WTH?!

After fiddling around I found out that the upstairs stairs to roof were the cause... They didn't go into a room yet, just to the roof. So somehow the game had decided that because there was a hole in my second floor's roof, the DOWNSTAIRS lights should stay out x______x

I've also had multiple problems in that house (MAXIS built house in the University neighborhood, the one which had no sims living there yet) with rooms not being recognized as rooms and sometimes not being able to place objects, change wallpapers or demolishing walls ("Object affected by this action cannot be moved into household inventory" or something like that) without restarting the game.

Message 4 of 9 (1,021 Views)

Hero
@Sozki The Honeydew Fields lot ? That does indeed seem to have a lot of issues.

Wonder if it was the same lot for OP.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,017 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't know what it's called in english as I'm playing the game in Finnish. But I thinks that's it as its name means Melon Field in Finnish.
Message 6 of 9 (1,003 Views)

Hero
@Sozki Yeah, guessing it's the same one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (996 Views)

Hero
@elusaphi Are you also having this issue for The Honeydew Fields

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (971 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Lighting does not work in some rooms (The Honeydew Fields

Hero
@elusaphi @Sozki Is this still an issue after they fixed the other bug on that lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (878 Views)