Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [IL] Issues when choosing riding bike while swimming in o

by Skaazilla

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [IL] Issues when choosing riding bike while swimming in ocean

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP 01-08, GP 01-08, SP 02-11,13-15
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? [1] Put a bike in a Sim's personal inventory. [2] Put that Sim in deep open water (Sulani or Britechester). [3] Click the bike in their inventory, and choose 'Ride Bike Around' while the Sim is floating in the water.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will pop up to stand on the surface of the water and do the Servo's Recharge animation. The bike will appear somewhere in the water.
What do you expect to see? The Sim swim to shore, get out of the water, and ride the bike.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If the water is not see through, the bike could be lost. When I stumbled upon this glitch, I lost my Sim's bike in the waters of Britechester because I couldn't see where it ended up. I tested in Sulani so I could see where the bike goes. In one spot (on lot), the bike appeared in shallow water, and I could still drag it or choose 'Put in Inventory' to get it back. In another spot (off lot), the bike appeared directly below my Sim, the 'Put in Inventory' option was gone and I couldn't drag it, so the bike was stuck there in deep water.

Here's a video showing exactly what happens. This was recorded with my mods removed.

I tested in pools as well, and it didn't happen. It appears to only happen in the open waters of Sulani and Britechester.

Message 1 of 6 (851 Views)

Re: Sims act like Servo when 'Ride Bike' is queued while swimming in open water

★ Guide

I went back to Britechester to look for my Sim's bike. I found it, look closely 😆. With the help of T.O.O.L, I got it out of the water.
02-08-20_7-02-39 PM.png

Message 2 of 6 (825 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [IL] Issues when choosing riding bike while swimming in o

Hero
@Skaazilla It's probably not but could you make sure this issue also happens on a game with not mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (809 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict OK, I tested it on a different computer that never had mods, in a new save, and it happened exactly the same.
Message 4 of 6 (777 Views)

Hero
@Skaazilla Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (768 Views)

★ Guide

I have this EXACT same bug/problem!! The sim gets stuck and behaves like a robot.

05-11-20_4-24-12 PM.png

Message 6 of 6 (695 Views)