[FIXED] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

by caeshura

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

★★★★ Expert
@caeshura I may look into that more when I get the inkling... fixing the chemistry lab so it gives robot parts when your robot skill is something like 5 or higher... dunno. I don't care much for the robot thing. It's too hard and not much benefits.

I'd much prefer setting up like a robot store where you can just go purchase a gardening robot or servo or something. Been thinking about seeing if I can set one up...
Message 11 of 20 (1,216 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

★★★ Guide

I can see this here too!

Captura de Tela (146).png

Message 12 of 20 (1,173 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

★★★ Pro

I am still seeing this in my game.  The notifications are becoming annoying.

Message 13 of 20 (1,111 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is still happening. I'm on PS5 with a scientist who has no need for robot parts from the device they make serums on. 

Message 14 of 20 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just recently started happening for me on PC. Used to I wouldn't get robot parts at all, now I'm getting them by the dozens :/

The only thing that recently changed was the official patch. I'd say this was done within the last two or three minor patches because I usually main a scientist and I would've noticed if it was earlier than that.

Edit: Most Likely the Coding Issue is a result of the drop ratio being set as an Integer instead of a float/double. This is a common coding mistake when working with random number generators, and is something of a cross-over problem with maximum float values (e.g. >=1.0 = 100% drop ratio)  being a whole number. Common Coding Problem, pretty easy to fix if the coders know where to look.

Edit 2: It could also be possible that they missed and "a" in a rand() function, because that would return an integer as well, but would round up instead of being a random number (e.g. rnd() instead of rand().)

Message 15 of 20 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Guide
Since this issue is still open and needing input, I hesitated to make a separate thread about it.

This is still happening, with and without mods. I haven't played a scientist in a long time, but I'm trying out the Extraterrestrial Researcher Scenario right now, and gave my sim a job as a scientist. One of his first tasks were to experiment, and he instantly got the notification that he received Robot parts, with repeated notifications every 2-3 sim-minutes.
Message 16 of 20 (830 Views)

Experimenting at Chem Lab gives you Robot Salvage Parts.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bust the Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to the chemistry lab object from Get to Work scientist career. Happens inside of actual job location. Tried it on the main lab object in the area with the big microscope object and the constructor object. I didn't try it on my own lot nor did I try it on any other chemistry lab. Just the one. All you do is click the object, click "experiment" NOT Tinker and you will still gain robotic parts for some reason from doing chemistry... It really breaks the immersion and really annoys the heck outta me with notifications.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floods my notifications tab with robotic salvage parts. Floods my inventory to the brim with robotic salvage parts. I got 30 from a real-time 3 minute experimenting action. The notifs are the worst.
What do you expect to see? I expect to just see my sim doing what they would usually do at a chemistry lab, just mixing tons of serums and not gaining anything from it other than chances to gain eurekas or science exp. I hope this isn't preventing me from gaining new serums like the energy spark serum, I haven't gotten that yet. My scientist is at scientist career "Extraterrestrial Explorer" rank. Has the black suit with green trim and everything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason, experimenting NOT TINKERING at the science lab serum table (forgot the name of the object in the middle of an at-venue job at the moment sorry will come back to this maybe...) gives you robot salvage parts. Doesn't make sense... my sim is at the scientist career "Extraterrestrial Explorer" rank. 

I will deal with certain preparations AFTER I'm done having fun with my scientist for the day. I'll update this report after if possible. I DO need to figure if its mods or not but I doubt it'd be that. None of my mods deal with anything strung to the "Get to Work" expansion.

Message 17 of 20 (750 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This issue is still present in 1.98.158.1020 as of July 2023, clicking the station and clicking "Practice" produces about 18 Robot Salvage parts per in-game hour.

Message 18 of 20 (526 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this but lol it's really convenient. So I'm not really mad. It's an exploit to me.

Message 19 of 20 (510 Views)

Hero

The amount of Robotic Scrap gained when performing an Experiment on a Chemistry Lab has been tuned down.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (1,410 Views)