by THElimefridge

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [GT] University housing not populating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Discover University Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Replace Maritime Manor lot with another university housing lot
What happens when the bug occurs? No sims occupy the lot despite there being enough beds
What do you expect to see? Sims occupying the lot like it did before I replaced the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I replaced the Maritime Manor lot with a lot from the gallery with the University Housing lot type before my sim enrolled in university, when she enrolled and moved into the lot there was 0 sims besides her living in the lot despite there being plenty of extra beds.

I had no problems with sim generation before replacing the lot

EDIT: I made a new save and I wasn't able to check if the lot still didn't load sims (beings the save I made of my sim still had her enrolled in University) but I posted a roommate ad and sims never show up as potential roommates.

Message 1 of 4 (1,090 Views)

Re: university housing not populating

Hero
@THElimefridge I've not tried housing outside dorms so not exactly sure how it works but did you also replace it the second time but tried on the premade lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,060 Views)

Hero
@THElimefridge Did you change anything about the requirements of the houseing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (990 Views)

Hero
@THElimefridge Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (937 Views)