Re: University dorm affiliation restriction causing no room mates to spawn

by abmarsh86

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [GT] Dorm affiliation restriction cause no roommates to spawn

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for My First Pet Stuff and Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a club with your university enrolled sim as the leader, make sure all sims in the club are enrolled in university 2. On Foxbury Campus, go to Maritime Manor. Use bb.enablefreebuild to change the affiliation to that club 3. Move your sims in 4. Wait for roommates to spawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? No roommates spawn. Not even after multiple sim days have passed. I have tried changing the affiliation while my sim lived in the housing during the term, when they lived in the housing on the first day of term, and then I tried changing the affiliation prior to moving my sim in, it did not work in any of the scenarios.
What do you expect to see? I expect the members of the club to spawn in as roommates since the housing is restricted to only members of that club.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Roommates don't spawn even after multiple sim days have passed. I have tried changing the affiliation while my sim lived in the housing during the term, when they lived in the housing on the first day of term, and then I tried changing the affiliation prior to moving my sim in, it did not work in any of the scenarios.

Message 6 of 10 (2,860 Views)

University dorm affiliation restriction causing no room mates to spawn

★★★ Newbie

I created a sorority club and changed a university dorm restriction to be affiliated with that club so only sorority members would be the sims that spawn in as room mates. Instead upon moving my sim in no room mates show up, even after a couple days. I've tried with different lots without success. However the restriction does work with clubs I did not create or are even part of.

Message 1 of 10 (2,931 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I've also had this problem, with the exception that I also wasn't getting roommates even with the pre-made clubs. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@victoria_roseb @abmarsh86 Could either of you make a report in the bug forum for this ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,858 Views)

Re: university housing not populating

★★★★ Guide

I've had this bug a few times, but it only happens when I chose an affiliation for the lot. Since the affiliations are currently buggy, it can trigger an error code or no sims showing up as roommates. It's similar to the bug where no one shows up at the organization meetings.

Message 4 of 10 (3,007 Views)

Re: university housing not populating

[ Edited ]
Hero

@janyses What error code are you getting ?

EDIT: NVM ... yeah, still waiting on someone to make a proper bug report on those

What to you mean with affiliations ? Bit lost with the translation :

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@randomsass04 I merged your post with another thread on this issue. It wasn't 100% confirmed that it's the same as OP never came back but I'm pretty sure it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,824 Views)

Dorms: no roommates show up when there is a club requirement

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent (28 feb 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change dorm room requirement to a specific club and moving in a household in said dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? No roommates show up.
What do you expect to see? Club members showing up as roommates when dorm has a club requirement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried:

- I have tried waiting for a few days and even until next term starts, still no roommates show up.

- I have also invited club members to the lot but "ask to be roommate" option doesn't exist.

- I have traveled to another lot and back again to see if made any difference (it didn't)

- Have tried making the club and dorm requirement both before and after my household move into the dorm. neither work

- Have also tried making both my actively playing sim club leader as well as one of the npc club members.

- Also the club members don't live on a lot, not part of any of my active playing households and they are all enrolled in university (Foxbury which is also where the dorm is placed.)

- Should also mention that the club members are sims I have created but have put as a non active household, making them "NPC" (I think?).

- have also used the cheat of enrolling the sims into university right away,

- Had Mc command center installed when I tried this the first time, but I have removed and tried without it as well.

Message 8 of 10 (2,699 Views)

Re: Dorms: no roommates show up when there is a club requirement

Hero
@LinnBeatrice Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,671 Views)

Re: Dorms: no roommates show up when there is a club requirement

★ Novice

Experiencing the same problem. Doesn't look like there is a solution or that EA is looking into it.

I believe the problem occurs when university students are enrolled automatically, and the game selects where they will be living. It could be a problem with affiliated dorms not being prioritized or not being considered at all. Has anyone actually got affiliated dorms to automatically move in a club/organization member?

You could always move them in yourself, but then the households would be merged. Shift-clicking sims and using the Remove from Family cheat properly removes them, but also moves them off the lot it seems.

It seems the only proper solution to create the scenario we all want is by using LittleMsSam's Choose Your Roommate (Discover University) mod -- which is different from her Roommates mod, I believe.

Message 10 of 10 (1,279 Views)