by boopie1000

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Education Career: Sim will not Plan Lecture

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (31)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When working from home as a professor, go to computer, try to "plan lecture"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will "plan lecture" for a few minutes, then will autonomously stop and do something else. Task is never completed.
What do you expect to see? The Sim will complete the task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim will not Plan Lecture for more than a few seconds.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (5,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★★ Novice

I have a similar problem with the Education Career. My Sim needs to do the "Practice Lecture" interaction as part of her working from home tasks, but the interaction is nowhere to be found in the friendly interaction sort.

I've tried clicking on several different Sims to find the interaction but it doesn't appear. 

Message 2 of 12 (4,946 Views)

Hero
@Batchick23 Moved your post over to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (4,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I have the same problem in the education career as mentioned above.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech (I would love to have my game in English but I cannot change it :D )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When working from home as a professor, I plan lecture without a problem but when I want to Practice lecture the interaction is not there
What happens when the bug occurs? Missing interaction
What do you expect to see? Interaction under Friendly (I looked also under other categories, unsuccessfully, it is nowhere to be found.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This is my first time playing this career, but I haven't made any changes to my system recently.

Message 4 of 12 (4,826 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I couldn't directly solve it but you can practice your lecture in front of the mirror and it will count as the desired task. 

Message 5 of 12 (4,671 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Education Career: Sim will not Plan Lecture

★★★ Novice

I have a similar problem with my sim in the education career. She needs to do something on the computer, a task that takes several sim hours, and she will randomly abandon the task to go read a book. It’s extremely annoying because each time I have to start again from scratch, there is no option to “resume” the task. 
This happens with any task that requires spending hours on the computer (write a letter, write grants, etc)
I have to watch her through every minute of the action, at the regular speed, so I can quickly stop her from doing something else. Sometimes I can’t cancel her next random action as it’s almost as if she blinks out of her seat. She’s wasting hours out of her day, and I can’t focus on the other sims in the household. 
I’ve tried locking her in her study so she cannot get to the bookshelf in the other room (it’s always the same book she wants to read, and she’s not even a bookworm or anything), but it doesn’t seem to help 

Message 6 of 12 (4,519 Views)

★ Novice

If you tell them to do the same action on the computer twice, they actually don't get distracted and go do something else. They stay doing what you said. It's the only workaround to this glitch I've found.

Message 7 of 12 (4,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too, but not just with plan lecture. With every stay at home task. I believe the problem started after my sim got to level 6 of her career (administrator) or perhaps it was at level 5. The earlier levels were fine. 

No matter if it is plan lecture, faculty meeting, tutoring a student, write grants... She will suddenly up and leave the task to read a book, or put a book back on the shelf. Once she leaves the task all progress is lost, she starts it again from scratch. The only way to make her complete anything is to watch her VERY closely and x out any attempt at another interaction. Or turn off free will. Which I find extremely boring, and should be unecessary. The lack of progress is also an issue with free will - if the computer breaks you're still at scratch when starting the task again...

Message 8 of 12 (3,529 Views)

★★★ Novice

I notice this thread is a few weeks old but gonna say I'm having the same issue with the Education Career.  I was able to do work from home tasks at first -- and then suddenly every time I start a task on the computer, after a few minutes they randomly get up to read a book. And when I cancel it and go back to the computer, the entire task has reset again.

No mods or anything like that. PC.

Message 9 of 12 (3,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@jenniferperez100Shall try this thanks!

I'm having the same issue on my game. I play on PS4, all packs.

Message 10 of 12 (3,265 Views)