Re: Can't change dorms with baby in household (and dorm broke because of bbq)

by Sketch793

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dorms break when adding BBQ via inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent (1.58.63)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby in a dorm, then try to move to a different dorm at the end of term during re-enrollment.
What happens when the bug occurs? I couldn't have my sim stay in her dorm when she re-enrolled, because apparently putting a barbeque on the lot means that it's no longer a dorm... She also had a baby while she was there, so there's a baby in her household. The game gave her the option of Tidal Towers or the Foxbury residential lot (forget the name of the one I was in), meaning she had to move out of her current dorm. However, I was not allowed to transfer the baby into her new dorm, it said I couldn't complete the housing transfer because there had to be an adult in the baby's household, and once it got to the transfer household/household funds screen, I could not exit the dialogue or go back. So I had to force quit the game.
What do you expect to see? Seems like there should be something in place to deal with babies/children being in a dorm household...? And a way to get out of that final transfer screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University

I couldn't have my sim stay in her dorm when she re-enrolled, because apparently putting a barbeque on the lot means that it's no longer a dorm... She also had a baby while she was there, so there's a baby in her household. The game gave her the option of Tidal Towers or the Foxbury residential lot (forget the name of the one I was in), meaning she had to move out of her current dorm. However, I was not allowed to transfer the baby into her new dorm, it said I couldn't complete the housing transfer because there had to be an adult in the baby's household, and once it got to the transfer household/household funds screen, I could not exit the dialogue or go back. So I had to force quit the game.

Also, why does putting a barbeque on the dorm lot mean that the dorm is no longer recognized as a place where a university student can live? I know there's something about not having stoves on the lot, but it was just there so I could do the "grilled food" goal of a holiday. Seems a bit extreme that it should break the lot type.

Message 1 of 8 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Guide

As soon as I read the title I was thinking of baby bbq Tongue out

Message 2 of 8 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@PansekshuElle I thought they're being moved out as soon as they get pregnant ? Maybe the barbecue did mess things up. At what point did you put it in the dorm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@PansekshuElleI thought they're being moved out as soon as they get pregnant ? Maybe the barbecue did mess things up. At what point did you put it in the dorm ?

When I replayed it, the game prompted her to move out when she went into labor and have her a “packing up” timer.

I placed the bbq on the lot a few in game days before she gave birth. I can’t remember if it was before or after she got pregnant.

Message 4 of 8 (1,008 Views)

Hero
@PansekshuElle you don't happen to have a save from before you added it you could send me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@PansekshuElleyou don't happen to have a save from before you added it you could send me ?

I don’t think so, but it should be easy enough to recreate. Bbq in dorm=no prompt to move out, then housing transfer should break when term ends. 

Message 6 of 8 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PansekshuElle Ok. I tried to add a Barbecue to my lot and this makes my lot incomplete.

There's rules saying it's forbidden to add a stove or outdoor cooking so if you put it in anyways, yes, the dorm is no longer a dorm.

Did you add it via inventory or by editing the lot ?

If so, I believe the bug is: Can put outdoor cooking stuff in dorm via inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I recommend putting the grill back in your personal inventory whenever you aren't using it. I've been doing that and I've had no trouble.

Message 8 of 8 (918 Views)