by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dormmates Take My Stuff

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in a dorm and put out some stuff that you own, specifically objects that can be moved in live-mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dormmates change the stuff. Things disappear and other things are placed out. Most of the things they simply take, some they put in the ICYA chests. The sims who take stuff aren't klepto-sims.
What do you expect to see? That they leave my sims' stuff alone. Even better if they also could leave decorations in rooms my own sims don't sleep in, because I want to choose decorations for the other rooms as well, because NPCs don't have good taste in how to decorate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

They even take robots. My chatbots disappear all the time, and Cassandra Goth took two party-bots for no particular reason (would be one thing if she just activated them). Computer glasses also disappear.

But so far they seem to not take things I've placed with the Alt-key. They also seem to leave the posters alone. *Knock on wood.*

Message 1 of 5 (548 Views)

Re: Dormmates Take My Stuff

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Is it like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-DU-Purchased-objects-get-deleted-in-dorms/m-p/8468397 that new stuff gets spawned in place of other stuff or is stuff just disappearing ? That is supposed to be fixed

I've never had stuff disappear in my own game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (532 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Yes, that's what's happening. I guess it has reappeared.
Message 3 of 5 (511 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Or it was never fully fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dormmates Take My Stuff

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I am still seeing this in my game.  The roommates are on a residential lot.  The items appear in my Sim's household inventory.

Message 5 of 5 (384 Views)