by Braxien

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dormmates No Longer Behave As Students After Week One

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, wait until 6 p.m. on Friday, and watch.
What happens when the bug occurs? My dormmates in Wyvern Hall do not re-register for courses. They stay living in the dorm, but they stop doing homework, going to class, etc., and when you look at their info screen instead of indicating their major (which my Sim discovered by asking them), it just says "Career" and is empty.
What do you expect to see? My dormmates to continue to go to class and do homework, etc. In other words, still be registered students.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As above. My randomly selected dormmates no longer register for courses after the first week. The first week "term" they behave normally. And then they just behave like roommates who are not students.

Message 1 of 13 (1,093 Views)

Re: Dormmates No Longer Behave As Students After Week One

Hero
@Braxien Did the next term already start ? I can see what you describe if they are in-between terms but as soon as I get the message that the term started, they do have a degree and do their homework.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,054 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict yes the term has already started. I'm now in week 5 of my college education as it were and my roommates still don't go to class and just hang out at the dorm all day. Their careers say unknown and they don't have a degree identified. One small update since I last posted. One of my roommates disappeared and the game replaced it with a new one in week 3. He goes to class and does his homework (even after a second week term for him started) but the rest of them that I started with do not.
Message 3 of 13 (1,021 Views)

Hero
@Braxien OK. Thanks for the info.

Maybe others see this as well so it would be good if those could chime in.

For me it's working fine so not sure what's going on in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,001 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks! No worries if there's no fix, it's just weird that it's started with this playthrough (it hasn't happened on others). I cleared out all mods, deleted caches, etc., and they still slack around the dorm. Standard smile
Message 5 of 13 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just following up for adding data. I restarted my playthrough at a younger age and got to college again.

First week, all is good: homework, classes, all normal. Second week, all majors disappear and they stop going to class, again, *except* for one, just like before.

So. Weird! They still do stuff, like go to their organization events and all that, but mostly all they do is cry and wet themselves...like, almost all of them.

I'm beginning to feel like an abuse Sim lord. Standard smile

One other thing I should mention. Before I restarted, I graduated and some of my roommates were moved into an apartment. When I made them played households, their status came up as expelled or something like that (forget the word) and that I could reapply. Curiously, one of these roommates did show up and "graduated" with me, but once playable, hadn't received their degree.

So something is definitely wonky. Wish I knew what it was!

Message 6 of 13 (913 Views)

Hero
@Braxien The graduate issue is a known issue for NPCs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduatio...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (892 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for the graduation update at least.

They do still all stop behaving as students after week one, however. I started again, removed all mods and played through the first week. All well and good. 

6 o'clock on Friday rolls around, I get my first week's grades, and sign up for another week of classes...check my roommates...all still there, and all of their "majors" have disappeared from their info screens.

No idea what's causing this (apparently just for me?).

I did modify the dorm a bit, but am not using any CC in it, just rearranged walls, etc. Could that 'cause it? But if so, why not the first week instead of just the second?

Message 8 of 13 (848 Views)

Hero
@Braxien and they also still don't do homework or have a new major you need to ask about again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (829 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dormmates No Longer Behave As Students After Week One

Champion
@Braxien this was my experience too. After the first term, none of the other NPCs in the dorm seemed to re-enroll for new classes.

Their info panels do not show their degree majors any more, but I also can't ask them again because technically my sim "knows" what they are already after having asked them in the first term.

I don't think they do homework or go to classes because they technically aren't signed up for any. In the first term, I could see with Show Sim Info that they had several classes in their uni career info, but after that first term they had nothing at all.
Message 10 of 13 (818 Views)