by canelacaliente

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Debate Skill: Convincing other to make homework not work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all, but tiny house
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in university dorm, convincing other to make homework
What happens when the bug occurs? when try to convince other to make homework, and they agree, they take the notebook, but just after put that back in inventory
What do you expect to see? the sim convinced must go to table/desk to make homework for my sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

so, when my sim try to convince other to make his/her homework and the other sim agree, that sim take the notebook but not go to make the homework putting again back the notebook. The desk are clear, so the area around. tried without any mod, new game, and repair game, noting work. After repaired the game i have started a new fresh game, still they put back the notebook.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (3,521 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Debate Skill: Convincing other to make homework not work

★★★ Pro

This may be related to:

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] NPCs Lose Homework If the Sim is a playable Sim, have you tried putting homework back in the Sim's inventory? I was having this issue with Lilith Goth.  I went into manage worlds and added homework back to her inventory.  I then called her over again and I was able to complete the interaction.  If the Sim you are trying to convince does not have homework in their inventory, the option will not work.

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Option to Convince Sim to Complete Already Completed Homework - The option to ask a Sim to complete a homework assignment that has been completed or the term is over is still present.  Is the term over for the class?  Has the homework assignment already been completed?  If the homework has already been completed for the term or the class is over, you might get that animation.

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dormmates No Longer Behave As Students After Week One or [DU] NPC's Not Enrolled Don't Move Out of Dorms- The convince to do homework does not work on Sims not enrolled in University.

[OPEN] [DU] Rotational gameplay is impossible for University - It could be related to this issue if the roommates are other families you played.  They could be unrolled.  Check to verify the other families you played are still enrolled in university if you have other families.

[DU] Can Convince Non University Sims to Do Homework - It can be related to this.  Sims that are not enrolled in university generally don't have homework and are not able to complete the request.  It should give a no interaction but if the Sim was enrolled in university before, it gives a positive interaction that doesn't complete.

Message 2 of 6 (3,317 Views)

★ Apprentice

well, none of this, i try on roommate, also in the 1st week, they take notebook, but not go to any desk, they simply put the notebook back to their inventory

Message 3 of 6 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Pro
@army184 Is the roommate a university student? Do they have a degree listed in the relationship panel?
Message 4 of 6 (2,721 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes , both

Message 5 of 6 (2,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does the sim you're trying to convince need to be enrolled in the same course for it to work? The few times I tried this, it didn't work

Message 6 of 6 (2,006 Views)