by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Debate Club Members Are Static and Do Not Debate

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content installed thru Discover University Early Access courtesy of EAGameChangers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a Debate Club gathering and wait to watch a debate. Alternatively join the debate club.
What happens when the bug occurs? The two Sims stand at the special debate podium but do not move other than the static motions.
What do you expect to see? An active debate between two Sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Discover University EP

Debate 'team' seems stuck. I was in the campus building with the debate podiums (library?) and two Sims were just standing there doing that static thing. I had the option to 'watch debate' but they just stood there.

Static_Debate.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 9 (2,839 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Debate Club Members Are Static and Do Not Debate

Hero

(Also courtesy of EA Game Changers)

Seeing this issue too. The debate club meeting was a bit of uneventful

11-14-19_9-26-28 PM.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,777 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am seeing this issue as well. Is this actually a bug do we know?

Message 3 of 9 (2,435 Views)

Hero
@vadish3825 It feels like one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been watching quite a few debates, both during the Showdown, and during practice, and in my game it seems to only happen when there is a certain amount of time left in either the Showdown or practice. Like the practice lasts 3 hours or something, the animation will work fine until there is like 40min left, and then they freeze. In the Showdown it seems to be with about 90min before the end, just before you get the notification that it will end in 1 hour. Idk if that's what other people are seeing, or if the time left has anything to do with the issue, but I figured I'd mention it.

Message 5 of 9 (2,363 Views)

Champion
@EuphorialQueen the debate practice and showdown events work OK for me - they debate and animate.

Except for the final group - if the event ends while there are sims still debating, then they get stuck on the podiums idling forever, seeming like they can't finish the debate because the game is trying to send them home. I can free them by using reset sim on one of them.
Message 6 of 9 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Guide

@simvasion  That is exactly what happens to me too, and I've been doing the same thing - resetting them - to unstick them.

Message 7 of 9 (2,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is sadly still happening in my game.

Message 8 of 9 (1,909 Views)

★★ Guide

They used to debate, but after like a few Sim week, the members just stand there doing nothing. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,902 Views)