[OPEN] [DU] Dating and Romancing not working with Professors

by MagnusWestin

Original Post

Re: [PC] Dates end after a minute and I can't accomplish any missions

Hero
@letmeliev I linked the wrong thread. I now merged with the correct one.

See answer by SimQARobo above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 14 (579 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dating and Romancing not working with Professors

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue! I figured it was because my sim was a student at university, but it doesn't work now that he's graduated either.

Message 12 of 14 (333 Views)

Dates with Professors automatically fail

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University (important one), Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, Vampires, Spa Day, Moschino, My First Pet (I have seen this before I had this), Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find Lana McKinnon or Serena Bhamra; do NOT do anything that will remove them from their Professor job. Ask them on a date
What happens when the bug occurs? No progress can be made. No matter what actions are taken, nothing is counted toward the date goals. Pretty quickly, "Date Unsuccessful" pops up.
What do you expect to see? A normal date
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't think this is new; I'm pretty certain I've seen this before. As best I can tell, it only affects Lana McKinnon and Serena Bhamra - notably, both are Professors, so I believe that is relevant.

It does not matter in the slightest if the Sim asking them on a date is a university student.

Message 13 of 14 (204 Views)

Re: Dates with Professors automatically fail

★★★★★ Pro

It's a known issue and has been for about 4 years now. I don't expect to see a solution, so the best thing to do would be to stop trying to date professors.

Message 14 of 14 (157 Views)