[FIXED] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

by BritStap85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the altar to make offering at Secret Society
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not able to make offerings at all during Secret Society meetings because a crystal is stuck on the altar, and I can't delete or put it in inventory.
What do you expect to see? To be able to make offerings at Secret Society alter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Need help with stuck crystal on altar

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 13 of 51 (8,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

Hero

Has this ever happened to you? Your Sim is ready to make an offering to the Sprites only to find a crystal stuck without being able to move it? No longer a problem, Sims now can remove offerings so all their rituals can resume. Sprites rejoice.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I do not know if this fixed helps with already stuck offerings or not

Use this workaround if you still have them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-DU-Cannot-make-offering-at-Secret-Society-stuck-ite...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (3,353 Views)

All Replies

How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

★★★★ Novice

There's a crystal on top of the altar, and I can't move it because it doesn't belong to my Sim. I've tried resetting the object, seeing if I could edit it from world editor, I made a klepto Sim -- nothing works! I don't know how to get rid of it, and I've waited about a Sim week to see if it was still there, and to my dismay... it is. 

I'm out of ideas at this point, and I've scoured the internet for a way to get rid of this thing, but there's nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this crystal so that I can advance in the society thing? My next attempt to get rid of it is to make my Sim a spellcaster and see if there's a spell that deletes items. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas would be awesome.

Message 1 of 51 (8,580 Views)

Sims 4 Discover University - Secret Society Altar Bug

★ Novice

I had my sim join the secret society and after a short while they went to the first meeting event. While there, there was a crystal or metal placed on the altar and did not disappear during or after the event. The crystal/metal is now stuck on the altar and my sim cannot get rid of it to complete tasks due to the item not belonging to them and not technically being on a lot. I have tried controlling the other three society members and trying to remove the object but it still describes the crystal/metal as not belonging to them. I have also tried restarting my game but that has not worked either, nor has resetting the altar and crystal/metal itself, the crystal/metal is still stuck on the altar and I cannot remove it to complete my sim's needed tasks. Does anyone know how this problem could be solved?

Message 2 of 51 (8,547 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue but it's Heavy Metal. My Sim is a spellcaster and there is no magic option to interact with it. Idk what to do bc the Sprites are always upset bc I'm not making offerings but I can't make offerings with the metal there. It appeared during the Sunday night ritual so I'm going to wait a week and if it doesn't go away I'm going to have to take her out of the secret society since it doesn't work properly. 

Message 3 of 51 (8,542 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

Champion

@MykieSmoothBrain  & @Hface44 , do either of you happen to use Mods or CC? Wondering If so, please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work or if you don't use Mods/CC at all, then this might be a bug.  I didn't see your bug in any of the Bug Reports yet, so you would probably have to create one (at least one of you).  Here is the link: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Whoever doesn't fill out the Bug Report can stil contribute by clicking on the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the post and then add your expierience in a post below the initial report!Standard smile  But if you use Mods/CC please do the above steps to rule them out as the problem first! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 51 (8,532 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University - Secret Society Altar Bug

★★★★★ Novice

I haven’t had That yet but all my offerings disappear but don’t count toward my tasks. 

Message 5 of 51 (8,466 Views)

★ Novice
@duhmelly I have the same issue. I’m a seasoned member and keep offering metal, harvestables and tutor students as asked—but it doesn’t show that I completed the task.
Message 6 of 51 (8,354 Views)

Hero
@saperexaude What quality do your offerings have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 51 (8,338 Views)

★ Novice

Metals are rare...the harvestables I took from the sprite garden so I’m not sure (am going to work so can’t check right now.) I’ve also tutored twice during business hours and that task wasn’t checked off, Sim has an A+ GPA.

Message 8 of 51 (8,324 Views)

Hero
@saperexaude It might be connected to the harvestable inventory issue.

That seems to cause a lot of trouble .. although I would think metals aren't exactly harvestables and shouldn't post an issue.

Could you create a post in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (8,285 Views)