by AmyLou232

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't submit term paper cause class claimed finished

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get Famous, City Living, Get to work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Vintage Glamout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in the university option in the computer or the study option in the textbook and other places
What happens when the bug occurs? It fades out the option to study or do the course work, if you hover above them it claims that I've already finished the class and got the grade even though I haven't turned in work and it's 5 days till the end of term.
What do you expect to see? The option to study/coursework to be clickable and responsive
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The sim was only doing one class which would allow them to graduate once completed. It previously worked for all the other classes and the only thing that's different is that the sim joined The Order of Enchantment.

Message 1 of 4 (1,959 Views)

Re: Missing study and Coursework option

Hero
@AmyLou232 At what point did you remove your mods ? Did she start at all with the coursework and are you sure you didn't submit it by accident ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I removed the mods a few months ago.

She didn't start with the coursework yet.

It wasn't accidentally submitted either as the panel for the class shows the term paper as not started.

Message 3 of 4 (1,902 Views)

Hero

@AmyLou232  This may be a timing issue based on what day you enrolled for the term.   I see that it is Sunday and the sim has Tues/Thur classes with 2 days left in the term but the next class is scheduled in 3 days after the term ends so you must have enrolled on a Monday or Tuesday and didn't have to go to but one class (on Thursday).  what I have noticed is that after the last class possible in the term, last Thursday in your case, the class ended and afterwards you can no longer study on the computer, turn in work or give a presentation even though you could have up to five days left in the term.  I'm not exactly sure when that starts but I think it's either midnight or sometime the next day. That appears to be just how the game works for me.  Another thing that really complicates the issue is when there is a holiday on one of your scheduled class days and you have the day off.  In one case, I had 3 or 4 sims who only attended a M/W/F class just once and couldn't do any class work related the next day even though there were 3 or 4 days left in the term.  They didn't fail but it was close.  While you can't use the computer to study, you can still study via the textbooks you can buy at the kiosk.  Not absolutely sure if that works after the cutoff or not though.  I've taken to making sure that I enroll on a Sunday (no classes on Monday that way) and immediately doing the term papers and presentations as fast as I can before I even go to class the first time so I don't get caught not being able to turn in a term paper or give a final presentation again.  And then studying as much as you can once those are done.  You might want to consider doing something similar.

Message 4 of 4 (1,871 Views)