by Merrydeadly

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't knock on doors of University household

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University. Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StangerVille, Realm of Magic . Stuff packs: none.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need to force a sim to enter the University via developers cheat menu with shift-clicking on a sim. So, you choose your studies and move to a dormitory for students only. When I try to visit such household with a different person, a sim can't simply knock on door of dormitory. Games says that nobody lives there, but I simply can observe sims-who-lives-there outside through a window.
What happens when the bug occurs? As I said, I simply can not knock on door 'cause game says that house is empty.
What do you expect to see? I expect game to think that sims who live in dorms are actually live in dorms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it is somehow related with free patch from 3rd June.

Notably, such thing occurs only in fully populated families who got to university vai cheats. If there are a default family created by Maxis and it lives in dorms or I use cheats to get in University, but the dorms are not full with playable characters (i.e. at least one NPC who was generated by the game lives in dorms), so such bug doesn't occurs. 
UPD: I find out, that such bug occurs even when I go through a normal procedure of moving in university. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 29 (1,536 Views)

Re: Can't knock on doors of University household

Hero
@Merrydeadly I tested this on my game and have no issues (only tested in existing Save with Sim already living in Dorms though).

You say it's mostly cheat moved in Sims but also you see if you move them regulary.

Was it a mixed household of cheat entered Sims and regular or a different dorm that only had regularly entered Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (1,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I tried to do it in regular way I created a brand new sim and enrolled in usual way in empty dorm. And it changed nothing.

Message 3 of 29 (1,450 Views)

Hero
@Merrydeadly I currently have freezing issues with the enrollment process. Would you mind sending me your save ? After you moved into the empty dorm.

Instructions in my signtuare.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (1,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, will do as soon as possible 

Message 5 of 29 (1,422 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello again. I'm sorry for doing it late, but I created a brand new game without any mods in order to create a new family of 4 persone. I enrolled them all normally in university and occupied a dorm for 4 persons. When I tried to visit them with default sims created by Maxis, so I had the same bug. Here is a link for save https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmyskzfpx91bm93/Merrydeadly.zip?dl=0

Message 6 of 29 (1,398 Views)

Hero
@Merrydeadly Thank you. I'll check this in the afternoon

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (1,351 Views)

Hero

Tried both dorms in your save and they both had the option to first check in and then go upstairs for me

06-10-20_5-11-31 PM.png

06-10-20_5-11-06 PM.png

So I'm afraid, I can't duplicate Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (1,317 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Have you tried to visit the test family of 4 person in their dorm with another family?
Message 9 of 29 (1,299 Views)

Hero
@Merrydeadly I visited the dorm with the family of 4.

Do you mean the other Uni housing that's NOT a dorm ? Looks like we've been talking about different things here.

The dorms are the big buildings that you can't change in build/buy.

The others are normal houses but called Uni Housing.

If that's the case, then I need to totally re-test the whole thing :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 29 (1,269 Views)