Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't knock on doors of University household

by SweetVeggieAmai

Original Post

Re: [DU] Unable to enter houses on University Housing lots while visiting

Hero
@Merrydeadly I'm guessing they modded the game by removing the that code part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 29 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Can I ask him how did he do that or is it forbidden?

Message 22 of 29 (852 Views)

Hero
@Merrydeadly No, that's fine as long as no links to mods/cc/tools are exchanged :D

Maybe send them a PM though ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 29 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict What does PM means?

Message 24 of 29 (835 Views)

Hero
@Merrydeadly Private Message.

Click on your name in the upper right corner and on Inbox. From there you can send messages to other members

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 29 (823 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks
Message 26 of 29 (821 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't knock on doors of University household

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm actually having this issue with a couple that is living in the apartments in evergreen harbor! The visit interaction says there is nobody living in the apartment next to them, even though I put neighbors in there and I can clearly see the neighbors walking in and out of the door! It's ridiculous! OH! and both of my sims are currently enrolled in university! I have  yet to try to see if this is just a university glitch or not so I will see what happens once they graduate!

here are some screenshots I took to show time elapsing and that the neighbors were inside so not sure why my sim couldn't knock on the door to hangout. The mother is still inside there along with a baby and a toddler. So not sure what's going on! I do have mods atm but will be testing without them here. Doubt that will do anything since I don't really have mods that deal with these interactions from City Living.

edit: so i just tried it without mods, and I can knock on doors again, and I turned them back on and i can still knock on the doors as well. So not sure what happened there, but it's working even with mods. can't visit neighbors.pngcan't visit neighbors 2.pngneighbor child comes out.pngneighbor father taking out trash.png

(CM: edited to merge multiple posts)

Message 27 of 29 (750 Views)

Sims attending University cannot visit university lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the majority of expansion packs (except Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, and Cottage Living), a few game packs (except Batuu, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, and Dream Home Decorator), most of the stuff packs (except My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting, and Tiny Living), and the free holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim go to their phone, click "Travel," go to a university-affiliated lot, and click on the front door once they arrive.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to knock on the door (if the university lot is off campus) or to check in at the front desk (if the university lot is on campus) is greyed out + telling me that there is no one living in the building.
What do you expect to see? I expect the option to knock or check in to be available for me to click, and once I click on that, then I should be able to enter the building and visit the Sims inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I have removed them from my Mods folder to test everything in my main save, and nothing is working (the screenshot provided is with the mods in the game, but the same applies without mods).
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No (this was an issue that was going on in my game prior to the recent Sept. 7th patch).

I tested everything in an entirely different test save that had no mods in it at all, and even when doing the 50/50 method to see which if my mods and custom content was affecting it, everything was fine. This is only affecting the save that I am currently trying to play with. I have repaired the game twice and made sure everything was updated, but no luck.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed some foramtting for better reading

Message 28 of 29 (545 Views)

Re: Sims attending University cannot visit university lots

Hero
@funbunny20 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Does sounds like the same OP was seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (508 Views)