Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Buffs and Relationship Loss from Busy Roommates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live with a roommate. Stay away from the roommate and wait for a random relationship loss and Moodlet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will get a Moodlet or experience a relationship loss when not interacting with the roommate.
What do you expect to see? No Moodlet or relationship loss when not interacting with the roommate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have recording video of this because it is hard to record.  It just randomly happens.

• Roommate is in the shower.  My Sim receives a Moodlet that they were in argument with the roommate.  The relationship with the roommate goes down.
  • Sim is in another room from the roommate and will get a sad Moodlet about being whispered about or a Moodlet about getting hyped.
  • Sim will get random romantic relationship losses with roommate.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,195 Views)

Re: [DU] Buffs and Relationship Loss from Busy Roommates

★★★ Pro

I did receive a last exception from an argument with the roommate.  My Sim received an angry Moodlet from the arguement.  The only roommate that was in the house at the time was in a different room upstairs.

<report>
  <version>2</version>
  <sessionid>8bf716e3656084325f75c278</sessionid>
  <type>desync</type>
  <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
  <createtime>2020-10-01 20:18:39</createtime>
  <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.66.139.1020-1.200.000.464.Release</buildsignature>
  <categoryid>base_situation.py:885</categoryid>
  <desyncid>8bf716e3656084325f75c278</desyncid>
  <systemconfig/>
  <screenshot/>
  <desyncdata>Exception while notifying customer in sim spawner service (KeyError: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.job_RoommateNPC_Event_Argument'&gt;)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 475, in update&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2838, in _startup_sim_gen&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 896, in on_sim_creation&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 931, in _customer_success_notification&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer.py", line 1628, in on_sim_creation_callback&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer.py", line 1122, in _assign_sim_to_request&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer_request.py", line 304, in _assign_sim&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 1087, in on_sim_assigned_to_request&#13;&#10;  
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 885, in _on_add_sim_to_situation&#13;&#10;
    KeyError: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.job_RoommateNPC_Event_Argument'&gt;rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 38431.82&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0xbe7da869&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,83,43781&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18362 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M nvldumdx.dll 23.21.13.8857, GUID: D7B71E3E-50DA-11CF-6A51-933218C2DA35&#13; &#10;
  </desyncdata>
</report>
Message 2 of 4 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I’ve seen this in my game too, but it’s not just some random loss or buffs for no reason.

The roommates are trying to do one of four types of roommate events: argument, whispers, give hype, or wooing. They select a sim as a target and then get a critical push to drop whatever they are doing and do that thing.

If it was working, you’d see them walk over to the target and either get into an argument, gossip whisper, hype them up or serenade. But instead, it seems like the recipient’s affordance to respond/listen is not being pushed to the target. So instead the roommate with stand still for two hours while the game thinks they’re doing an argument (or etc) and when the action times out, it will award the results, being the moodlets and relationship hits as if the argument completed. You just didn’t see the animations of it happen.

I was able to inspect this happening in real-time while playing with roommates using Show Sim Info and checking what my roomies were up to in their action queue.

Not sure if these events broke after a particular patch update, because I remember seeing at least the wooing one working around the release of Discover University.

Message 3 of 4 (1,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is there any fix to this? I just got a roommate for the first tme, and my Sim is happily chatting with the roommate, then all of a sudden she get's a negative moodlet: "Argument Anger". I think at times it has also added a Hurt sentiment, but I'm not 100% on that.

Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)