by Eclipsed_Skye

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Britechester Ducks Continuously Spawning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the University of Britechester campus, find a group of ducks in a river/pond. Move your camera away from them, and then come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ducks duplicate whenever you move your camera away and then return.
What do you expect to see? For ducks not to duplicate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know it's only a minor issue, but I noticed it when I first installed Discover University and it happens with every group of ducks in that neighbourhood, so it does cause a good deal of lag after a while. I actually rarely travel to other places ingame since I'm impatient with the loading screens, so I'm not sure if this happens with ducks in other neighbourhoods. 

Screenshot attached below.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (836 Views)

Re: [DU] Britechester Ducks Continuously Spawning

Hero
@Eclipsed_Skye I can't replicate this.

Could you post a video ?

(and re-test on the new patch)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (810 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@Eclipsed_SkyeI can't replicate this.

Could you post a video ?

(and re-test on the new patch)

Seems to still happen on the new patch.

Sorry for the quality, I used the built-in screen capture.

https://youtu.be/-jST4sUhPQQ

Message 3 of 7 (783 Views)

Hero
@Eclipsed_Skye Really weird.

Could you try a game repair ?

What's your graphics Card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (776 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@Eclipsed_SkyeReally weird.

Could you try a game repair ?

What's your graphics Card ?

I've done a game repair in the last couple of days because of an unrelated issue, but I've had the glitch before then and repairing the game didn't fix it. I'm not sure if it's worth doing it again? I could try it again though anyway. My graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500.

If it helps, I saw the same kind of thing was mentioned in another sims forum and a reddit post, where people have noticed a ton of ducks spawning in Britechester. 

Message 5 of 7 (761 Views)

Hero
@Eclipsed_Skye OK. thanks for the infos

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (756 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Britechester Ducks Continuously Spawning

EA Staff

Hello @Eclipsed_Skye 

If you are still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (675 Views)