[FIXED] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized ?)

by shelbiedee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized ?)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Parenthood Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Toddler Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Kids Room Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you play with the University expansion pack and take a course that requires a term paper to be written, and submit it , it will not count towards your final grade. The game assumes it is not done (professor says submitting a term paper will help grade but already submitted on computer)
What happens when the bug occurs? Your term paper does count as completed even though it is checked off on the course tab and has been submitted on a computer.
What do you expect to see? I expect the term paper to count towards the final grade and to be assumed handed in by the professor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Term papers not counting towards final grade. 

Message 1 of 29 (10,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Term Paper Not Recognized as Submitted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Term Papers will now always count toward the course’s final grades.
○ Dang it.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Please use this thread if you're still having issues with failing uni classes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-fail-university-despite-meeting-all-criter...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 29 (10,976 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@shelbiedee Does it matter which subject ?

Do you get a message that it didn't count or did you get bad grades despite doing it ?

Could you give me some more information what you did ?

Haven't had a chance to submit one myself yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (10,288 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have only tried with the Basic Economics Theory term paper. 

I got a bad grade despite doing it. 

I would submit it before term ends and then talk to the professor and it always came back saying it would help if you did your term paper even though it was submitted. I completed it u TIL it was considered “outstanding” then handed it in. It was checked as done on my course list goals but then the professor says it’s not done and I get a bad grade. 

Message 3 of 29 (10,270 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@shelbiedee Try submitting the paper and studying for that particular class using a laptop or a computer because that helped me when I had the same problem.
Message 4 of 29 (10,240 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have studied and completed homework after submitting the paper and it did not help. 

Message 5 of 29 (10,212 Views)

Hero
I finally finished my Sims paper and I ended up with a C although doing all the homework and the paper so yeah, guess I see this too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (10,197 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I had my sims do all the homework and complete the final term papers and presentations and despite that they still failed and were put on probation and then failed again and were suspended. 

Message 7 of 29 (10,149 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized

★★ Novice

I made my sim study constantly, all of her term papers she submitted were 'outstanding', she went to every class and actively listened/took notes in every single one. She got A+, A- and F on her final grades.

I also had a problem where the button for submitting term papers wasn't working properly - if I clicked on it it did nothing. All it said was 'submit' instead of 'submit term paper for... class name'. This caused her to get a D on one of her classes in that term, despite doing and submitting all of the work/presentations.

Message 8 of 29 (10,018 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized ?)

★ Novice

I have the same problem with the video game elective

Message 9 of 29 (9,973 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized ?)

★★★ Guide

My sim failed baking despite she turned everything in. I don't think her term paper counted unless I accidentally didn't send it but I did it had a check mark. So she had to take another class to make up for the one she failed.

Message 10 of 29 (9,884 Views)