Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] After class Sim wanting to return to Home lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing University.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has just finished class.
What do you expect to see? Sim going to class and being able to travel around campus without need to go back to home lot excessively appearing. Also other lots travelled to working properly ie: ordering food in commons, food not appearing and disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New expansion and recent patch.

Sim has been at class, on finishing class return to home lot icon appears. I tried to send my Sim to the Foxbury commons to get food and fulfil needs. The staff arrived to serve food, the food kept appearing but then being taken away repeatedly. My Sim wouldn't go get food, the order food option wouldn't appear for my Sim to fulfil. The return to home lot need appeared about 8 -10 times on the left menu before disappearing. I saved and quit my game. On returning the same thing was happening with the food, so I sent my Sim back to her housing.

The next day she went to class and the same thing happened again after class. The return to home lot icon came up and she wanted to go back to her housing. On returning there, she then appeared at the bottom of the housing again and was trying to go somewhere else. I sent her back to her housing which was as if it was already in play. She seemed fine in there. Her term has finished so I have put her in new housing.

I've also been having a last exception notifications and I have disabled my MCCC mods to see if this helps.

Message 1 of 5 (484 Views)

Re: After class Sim wanting to return to Home lot.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SparklyB you mean the food is taken by other Sims ? There's a similar thread to that for cafes. Are you seeing that there too ?

Your other issue sounds similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Autonomous-return-to-home-lot-on-social-events/m-p/64125... (that one was fixed though so it's good to have a new thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

No, the Sim who appears as the server (the worker behind the counter) she spreads her arm and the food appears as if ready to serve, but then she takes it away again, then puts it out, then takes it away. As if the counter is repeatedly opening and closing. 

it’s as if the game is massively glitching. Then the return to home lot icon suddenly appeared numerous times on the left and disappeared. 

Message 3 of 5 (448 Views)

Hero
@SparklyB Yeah I did see that spawning of things in the queue as well but there wasn't a waiter on the lot at the time but could be that it's related.

I only saw it once though.

Did your Sim have very low needs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (443 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes she did actually. I’d realised she had term papers to do and only one day left so she’d stayed up most of the night writing them. Then she had to go to class first thing, after class her needs were really low for food, hygiene, social, energy and fun. 

she got her classes done and then returned to finish her papers and edit them, but needed a nap. When she was having a nap the day hadn’t even finished and it told me term had finished and she got her grades and had failed two classes for not submitting her term papers. 

I was so annoyed! She’s finished the papers as well and it was only about 7pm. 

Message 5 of 5 (417 Views)