by chickengyrel

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Adult cant enroll after acceptance

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion except Eco. Game packs: strangerville, jungle, vampire, dine out. Stuff pack: Tiny, laundry, fitness, bowling, vintage, romantic, spooky, cool kitchen. Free stuff: holiday, grimm guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Meadows family living Oasis, Zackary reached top astronaut. Enrolled him. He got accepted but he didn't attend right away. Moved sent others but he can't get the enrollment option. Not on mailbox. Not on computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Zachary only gets options for Uni info and Scholarship info.
What do you expect to see? select college, pick degree, and select courses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Top career astronaut adult applied accepted but didn't go right away. Weeks later in game cant enroll. Deleted letter and no change. NO mods just downloaded houses way before he enrolled. Other household members are able to enroll. I have even moved  him to the original lot where he had been accepted, played other households, returned and no change in bug. I even quit my career as smuggler. Tried to find a new career on phone, option not there, but it was there on the computer. Have an education career now, still no university enroll option. Cant even pay $75

Message 1 of 23 (2,949 Views)

Re: Adult cant enroll after acceptance

Hero
@chickengyrel Does it work if you enroll right away ?

Could you edit your post no - on console on the mod question ? It's a bit confusing if you put yes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (2,902 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict if I pay $75, I can enroll other members of the household. Not this one. This character has most of his skills at 10.
Message 3 of 23 (2,887 Views)

Hero
@chickengyrel Maybe it's connected to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Can-t-re-enroll-properly-after-Suspension/td-p/...

Although you didn't actually go to Uni ever

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,880 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks, read the link and tried to see if I had any debt. Found only household bills, which I paid. Looked and here was no other loan or debt for this Sims.

I also double checked that there where no cheats on, went in and typed cheats off. I know there are no cheats active as I have received trophies. I even have a Sim that was dropped from Uni due to a bad grade, and after the wait period, she can go back and enroll. 

The sims I have an issue with also completed the Strangerville mystery, but the aspiration was not selected, and when I did select it, it didn't recognize the mystery was solved. But that's another case.

So, no outstanding bills on the computer that deal with Uni and no option to pay. Only two options, information on Uni and scholarships. I even went to the Uni, clicked on the information kiosk, and nothing there. Please continue to assist. Thank you.

PS: I will take some tutor classes and attend lectures, see if that will unlock something. Will get back. 

Message 5 of 23 (2,838 Views)

Hero
@chickengyrel That Sim doesn't have the option to pay the $75 again ?

Have you tried moving him out to another lot, then back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (2,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is no option for $75. Just option to research uni and scholarship. No options on mailbox, phone, or computer. I have even played other household, moved him out and back Nothing. I even went to the college took classes. Tutored. Nothing. 

Message 7 of 23 (2,798 Views)

Hero
@chickengyrel Do you think it was the move that made it get lost ? You did have the option at first, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (2,769 Views)

★★ Novice

The move or not going right away, after being approved. The others moved with me and they have the options. Difference is that they didn't apply. Honestly I think not enrolling after being accepted is the problem. I erased the letter but it didn't help. I have another letter in his inventory that won't go away. I can't tell if it is the scholarship letter as it doesn't say what it is and I cannot erase it. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 23 (2,741 Views)

Hero
@chickengyrel Just trying to find out what could have triggered it to disappear. Maybe it was just waiting for a while but since you moved, I wonder if that was the trigger (as it often is for issues).

I tested on my save (just the move, didn't play on) and it didn't disappear. It's a one Sim household though so I don't know if it influenced the others.

Going to tag this as needs input to see if anyone else is having issues like this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (2,730 Views)