by CptnVanderbeam

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] A2-UR3 Roboto bails on his repair

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for A2-UR3 Roboto to break on campus and try to repair him.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as my sim approaches him to do a repair, he takes off fit as a fiddle while my sim stands there attempting to repair an invisible robot. Often her arms will stretch off in the direction of whichever way he walked. The countdown/skill metre will pause, also.
What do you expect to see? I'm not sure, because this has happened at every attempt at repairing him. But I imagine he should stay put until my repairs are complete?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've come across this four or five times now. Every time I see A2-UR3 Roboto twitching and sparking, I try to help him - this happens EVERY time. An additional detail that may (or may not) be relevant is after the most recent occurrence, I actually went to talk to him and realized I had not introduced myself and we had zero Relationship. Now that I've "sparked" up a friendship, I'm curious to see him break again and see if repairing him will result in what I assume is a medium length process, or if he will still be automatically fixed as soon as I issue the command leaving my sim miming robotic repair with her arms stretched across the commons like Reed Richards.

The bug doesn't seem to have a huge impact and is relatively minor and unintrusive compared to some others I've encountered in this expansion. I just cancel out the repair and go about my day. But due to its frequency, I figured I should mention it since it didn't look like anyone else had yet.

Message 1 of 2 (493 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] A2-UR3 Roboto bails on his repair

★ Apprentice

Update: After I posted this bug report, I became friends with A2-UR3. Our friendship metre is a little under 50% (we're "Friends"). It took a while, but she finally broke on campus again. THIS time she stood in place and occasionally did a random function of one of her body parts (spun her wrist around for example) and then fell back into her "broken robot" stance. I assume this is what is suppose to happen and she's testing her functions as you repair.

At least in my case, fixing A2-UR3 was glitching when we were strangers (this was the case for three generations of Sims until the grandaughter of my original Sim went to Britechester). However, even though this repair seemed to be the intended process, there still appeared to be what I assume were glitches. A kid nearby in the quad started a "Britechester Cheer" to which A2-UR3 would also interrupt the repair for to reciprocate the cheer. I assume this is a glitch because when she would test a body part, she would kind of slump over back into being broken. But when she interrupted the repair to cheer back, she would clip back into broken robot stance. 

Message 2 of 2 (448 Views)