by naemayo

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Waiters don't take orders/ NPC don't order

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Laundry, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to take an order from a customer. provide recommendation. waiter never serve them. customer continues looking at menu until they leave.
What happens when the bug occurs? waiter move on to the next customer. the current customer continues looking at menu.
What do you expect to see? waiter serves every customer who enters our restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

one customer would come in and ask for recommendation. my sim offers recommendation but the waiter never takes their order. they just move on to the next table. sometimes when the restaurant is packed, waiter will not serve 2 tables so the wait becomes longer to those not yet seated. i have tried to reset the sims but it didn't do the trick. the issue occurs with and without mods. have tried playing without mods to see if it fixes but it hasn't. so i am very certain this has nothing to do with any cc i have. this has been happening at least 6 months after dine out came out.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (10,103 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Waiters don't take orders

Hero

This is one of these random issues. For me it's working pretty well atm.

Is it only recommendations for you ? Any connections to food critiques ?

Did you try repairing your game and deleting your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (10,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have repaired my game several times and always delete cache files before I play.

It's pretty random too - I have had food critiques being ignored so she gave me one star. One table asks for a recommendation and the waiter never serve them, but then he would serve the next table who also ask for recommendations.

I have also tried not to interact with any guests (i.e. Welcome, Check for Tables) to see if the problem was with that. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

Any other troubleshoot ideas I should try? It's been happening for a year.

Message 3 of 11 (10,026 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as needs input for now to see if anyone can find a pattern

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (9,996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. It's not always guaranteed, but for the most part, if I recommend food, they will not order. But I also have these issues: Sims will sometimes not get seated, sims will sometimes not order any food, and if they get food, they will finish eating, then sit there forever, and not pay or review my resturant.

Message 5 of 11 (9,865 Views)

NPC dont order food

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor retreat, Get to work, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio; Spa day, Cool kitchen, Spooky, Get togheter, Movie hangout, Dine out, City living, Vintage glamour, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats and dogs, Jungle adventure, Laundry day, My first pet, Seasons, Get famous, Strangeville, Island living, Discover univerity, Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a resturant and wait, i think it happens more when they ask what they should order
What happens when the bug occurs? At a restaurant some guests don't order then get mad they didn't get their food
What do you expect to see? They should order then get food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has happend twice i think, both times they were two sims. I don't have the option to prioritize theit food

Message 6 of 11 (7,709 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Waiters don't take orders/ NPC don't order

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue without having purchased the recommend dish perk. 

Message 7 of 11 (6,459 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue.  I have purchased the perk for recommending dish, but I'm not convinced it happens only to customers who ask for recommendations.  I feel like it's table placement or something, but I've tried moving the table but it doesn't fix it.  But definitely the same issue - customer comes in, I go over and "welcome" them, and the servers just completely ignore the table.  Eventually, the NPC diner gets angry and leaves.  There should be a way to "send server to table" or something.....

Message 8 of 11 (6,318 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen the issue occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11 (5,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still have this problem. Sometimes waiters take the order but sims don't check out.  

Message 10 of 11 (5,370 Views)