by sushicrow

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DO] No restaurant buff when NPC asks for date at restaurant

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if this happens when your sims asks others out, it's been too long since my sim has done that. This does happen when npc asks your sim to eat out. It's happened both on dates and npc friends asking to go out to eat. Accept the invitation.
What happens when the bug occurs? You ask for a table, get seated. No buff. Order food. Still no buff. Npc at your table remains seated and eats like they normally should. Still no buff. When this bug occurs, maybe about 10% of the time the buff will show up at some random time (not connected to any events).
What do you expect to see? Get a restaurant buff while eating every time your sim dines out, from the beginning of the meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug showed up after one of the patches, not sure which one, it might have been 2 patches ago. Got sick of dealing  with it. Sometimes if you reload a save before you talk to your dining companion and before you ask for a table, it fixes itself but most of the time reloading doesn't work. Removed mods folder and deleted cache.

Message 1 of 6 (700 Views)

Re: No Restaurant Buff

Hero
Would you happen to have a description/picture of the buff you're referring to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  The buff is the one that looks like a restaurant sign with knife and fork, it give plus to flirty when on a date and plus to happy when dining with non-dates.

Message 3 of 6 (653 Views)

Hero

This one ? 

dinner.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (644 Views)

Hero

Tagging @sushicrow  for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (612 Views)

Hero
I added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (593 Views)