by PreciousWolf

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DO] [GF] Can't Set Fame Requirement on VIP Doors in Restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sims travel to a Restaurant venue that has a VIP door from Get Famous on it. Click on the VIP door.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to hire a bouncer appears instead of the option to set the door's fame level requirement.
What do you expect to see? It makes sense for Sims to be able to hire bouncers for VIP doors in restaurants that they own. However, the player should be able to set the fame requirement for VIP doors regardless of what type of venue the VIP doors are in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't tested this yet, but the fact that a Sim has to hire bouncers at restaurant venues, even if the Sim in question doesn't actually own the restaurant, might also mean that a Sim visiting a restaurant would have to spend 100 Simoleons hiring a bouncer just to make a VIP area of that restaurant accessible.

A possible workaround for the problem of not being able to change fame requirements on VIP doors at restaurants might be to go into Build/Buy mode, change the venue type, go back into Live Mode and change the fame requirements on the VIP doors, and then go back into Build/Buy mode and change the venue type back to Restaurant. However, that still leaves the problem of Sims visiting a restaurant possibly having to spend 100 Simoleons in order to hire a bouncer and make the VIP section of that restaurant accessible.

Also, if I remember correctly, Get Famous might have been supposed to add caviar as a new food in the game, but caviar doesn't seem to be appearing as an option to add to a restaurant menu.

Message 1 of 13 (6,190 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Can't Set Fame Requirement on VIP Doors in Restaurants

Hero
Probably best if you used this thread for the missing caviar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Restaurants-list-bee-tea-multiple-times-several-drinks...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,093 Views)

Cant Change VIP Door Rank at Restaurants

★★★★ Novice

I put a VIP door at a restaurant to make it celebrities only but I can't change the star level, it's stuck at 3. The only option is is lets me do is call for a bouncer. Is this a glitch or can I just not change it at restaurants?

Message 3 of 13 (6,084 Views)

Re: Cant Change VIP Door Rank at Restaurants

Hero

Hi @PreciousWolf

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (6,058 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thanks. Tho my problem is on PC if that matters.

Message 5 of 13 (6,042 Views)

Hero
It doesn't matter.

Bugs on PC and Mac are usually the same. There's a few issues that only occur on one of the platforms but those are usually more graphics related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (6,034 Views)

Champion
If you look at the tooltip for the door, it does state in the note "a bouncer is available for certain venues".

So only certain venues will get an automatic bouncer, not all venue types. It's the same if you place a massage chair at the gym - you'll get an automatic reflexologist - but if you place one at a cafe, you have to hire one.

It seems by design that a restaurant isn't a venue type that has this by default. Especially with the host seating customers - it may cause issues if you placed tables behind a VIP area?
Message 7 of 13 (5,989 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My problem isnt about a bouncer. I want to change the star lvl requirement for the door but I cant.

Message 8 of 13 (5,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

The fame star level requirement is enforced by a bouncer, so if a bouncer isn't meant to be present for the lot by default, the door shouldn't have the ability to set a level?

If you hire a bouncer, does the ability appear? Because then it all seems like it is by design and not a bug.

Message 9 of 13 (5,894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No. When I call the bouncer I still can't pick a requirement level.

Message 10 of 13 (5,868 Views)