by ponyfhtagn

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DO] [ECO] Adults don't order insect menus except grub dogs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them (except the knitting one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim open a restaurant and try serving the various different insect meals that come with Eco Lifestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? If all four insect meals are available (and only those four) adult sims always order grub dogs. If I remove grub dogs then adult sims order no food, only drinks, despite the three other insect meals being available. If I add one other food item then adult sims will always order that instead. Child sims aren't affected and will order the crickets and beetles as well as grub dogs.
What do you expect to see? I expect adult sims to order from all types of food available on the menu, not just the grub dogs. I also expect not to see sims ordering no food at all when there is clearly food on the menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

TL;DR - restaurant guests only eating the grub dogs, not the crickets, and when I take the grubs away they eat nothing at all.

I am trying to make a restaurant that serves only the insect meals that came with Eco Lifestyle: the grub dogs, popcorn crickets, cricket meal, and bombardier beetle stir-fry. My chefs have max skills and should be able to cook everything. However, adult sims are consistently only ordering the grub dogs (the cheapest item on the menu and least insect-looking, which annoys me). When I remove grub dogs from the menu (leaving three other insect meals to choose from) adult sims will only order drinks and have no food at all. (I make sure to edit the menu while the restaurant is closed to avoid issues. It doesn't help. I tried it while the restaurant was open, just for kicks, and it still didn't help.) Child sims seem unaffected by this and will order any of the insect meals, not just grub dogs, and will never order 'no food' if I change the menu.

I'm just trying to serve people a variety of insect foods and make a profit while I'm at it, is that so hard?

I have removed mods, cleared the cache, repaired the game, and none of it helps.

Additionally, I am encountering this issue with certain other foods, so it may not be just Eco Lifestyle related. Sims won't order the honey cake and prefer 'no food at all' if honey cake is the only food on the menu. Same with plant matter ice cream. Those are the only ones I've encountered so far because they happen to be things I'm trying to do. (My pufferfish restaurant works just fine with only one item on the menu, ie. the pufferfish. So it's not an issue with having only one food option.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] [ECO] Adults don't order insect menus except grub dogs

★ Guide
@ponyfhtagn Oh no… Unfortunately you’ve just run into a longstanding glitch (about 4-5 years old, in fact) in which sims will not order certain foods at restaurants unless they’re children. Extremely annoying &, despite being so old, has received very few reports on it - putting it low on the devs’ radar to fix.

I ‘Me Too’d’ your issue despite not owning Eco Living because, as you also specifically mentioned, this glitch was first known to affect desserts. One of the original reports on this can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Restaurant-Customers-Never-Order-Dessert/td-p/5469990

This is undoubtedly caused by the same thing(s), but hopefully with the inclusion of Eco Living this issue can finally receive the long overdue attention that it deserves & be rectified.
Message 2 of 3 (419 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] [ECO] Adults don't order insect menus except grub dogs

★★★ Apprentice

Ah. Thank you.

I was beginning to wonder, as the more I played the more foods I found that were having this problem.

Message 3 of 3 (395 Views)