by ErikaEmmaS

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Cursor size does not match other UI scalling in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get To Work, Get Together, Laundry Day and The Free holday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to be connected to the recent patch (nov 12th). All i did was launch the game after update.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor size does not match the UI scalling.
What do you expect to see? That my cursor size matches the rest of the in game UI scalling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurd after the november 12th patch.

The size of my cursor in game is larger than before the most recent patch on november 12th. 

When I first relaunched the game after the update, the game launched with the autoscale UI to OS option checked. This made all the in game UI enourmous on my laptop that I play on, including my cursor size. 

When I uncheck the autoscale UI to OS box the UI changes back to what it was before. Except for the cursor size. it is still scaled up to fit the larger (automated?) UI scalling (that I do not want.)  My in game settings are the following: Fullscreenwindow, resolution 1920x1080. I also have laptop mode disaled. 

I have the windows settings for screen resolution set to 1920x1080 (the recommended one) in general settings. And my windows settings for cursor size are set to its minimum value. below I attached a few different pictures of my screen in game showing the cursor size i correlation to the other UI in game. 

The laptop i play on is the following: 

Lenovo Yoga 700 14-ISK (laptop) (x64bit system) 

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6500U @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ

Message 1 of 13 (5,014 Views)

Re: Cursor size does not match other UI scalling in game

Hero
@ErikaEmmaS The cursor size does not seem affected by the UI Scale, at least for me. I think that's probably by design ? Maybe since the rest is different now it seems bigger than before ?

Did you try hitting that reset button or maybe change the resolution to something other and then back to see if it goes back to what it was before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,986 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried changing the UI settings as well as resolution settings to various alternatives so not sure what the problem is. Reseting was one of the first things I tried. When looking at the cursor live in game it is obviously to large for the menus etc. and I am 98% sure that the cursor size changed w/ the resolution settings previous to this patch. Imo the cursor should count as a part of the UI (but I dont know anything about programming a game so) 

Message 3 of 13 (4,979 Views)

Hero
@ErikaEmmaS What happens if you trash the options.ini file ? (Warning: This might reenable autoscale and you'll be back to square one)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (4,969 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have not done that, what exactly does that file do? just so nothing else will get more messed up in doing so.. and honestly right now I am a bit tired of trying to sort this out right at this moment. If it will stay like this maybe I will have to give in and play with the autoscale setting on just so it matches up better (and lets just say I would not have any issues seing what the menus say if I do, as they take up the entire screen) even if I dont want to.. Thanks for trying to help me though! 

Message 5 of 13 (4,959 Views)

Hero
@ErikaEmmaS The file has all the options settings stored. If you delete it, you will need to reset everything (except the ones that are set in the saves themselves) as it will all put back to default.

So maybe it changes the size of the cursor back to what it was.

THis user has had the same issue as you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Mouse-cursor-is-GIANT-after-new-update/m-p... but for them it was an issue of the resolution which doesn't seem to be the case for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (4,952 Views)

Updated my sims 4 game but my cursor is huge! How to fix?

★ Novice

I recently updated my Sims 4 game and put it on the recommended resolution which fixed the overall zooming of things. But my in-game cursor still remains really big! Is there a way to change this?

Message 7 of 13 (4,941 Views)

Re: Updated my sims 4 game but my cursor is huge! How to fix?

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me! Have you seen my post about it? 

Message 8 of 13 (4,925 Views)

Re: Updated my sims 4 game but my cursor is huge! How to fix?

Hero
@thanhtrucnikki Merging this with the bug report.

Did you change the ui accessible size or the resolution itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (4,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same issue. It is related to UI scaling. A little more info, if I increase the size of my resolution, the cursor size becomes normal. However, this causes my UI to be very tiny. If I decrease the resolution, the UI goes back to normal, but the cursor becomes giant and somewhat pixellated. I have tried deleting the options.ini file, and while it resets all of the settings, the cursor issue remains the same. I have tried the highest resolution for my PC as well as those in the middle range and lower ends. I haven't been able to find a resolution that properly balances the two. I'll attach some screenshots for comparison.

Edit: I just realized the screenshots don't show the cursor size, so I guess that's not really helpful.

Message 10 of 13 (4,897 Views)