by Zack4358

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Curator aspiration - Exploit still possible

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the Curator Aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can complete the collecting milestones within the aspiration by simply gathering one fossil / frog / crystal and simply dragging the respective item inside and outside the inventory and it still counts as a newly collected item.
What do you expect to see? One specific item should only count as one collected item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You can exploit the Curator Aspiration by simply dragging the respective item in- and outside of the sim's inventory and it still counts as a new item.

Message 1 of 4 (905 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Curator aspiration - Exploit still possible

Hero

@Zack4358  This exploit has been there since base game and it's not the only place in the game where the milestones do that.  It probably hasn't been reported because most people find it makes it easier to complete the aspiration.  I know I do at times.  Also happens at a couple of other places in that aspiration like the 5 elements one and the last one for the 25 collectables one.  In that last one, it works the other way too.  If you move say, 25 crystals from a chest or from another sim to a sim inventory, it doesn't count them all like it does when you move them one at the time so you grab the stack and keep dropping it on the inventory until you get credit for all 25.  Similar things happen in other aspirations too where you can move stuff between sims.  It's probably something to do with how the inventory system works is my guess.   

Message 2 of 4 (844 Views)

★ Guide

But I think that this possible exploit defies the whole point of this aspiration. Where is the point of this aspiration if you can simply exploit it this way? This makes it somewhat useless or too easy in my opinion.

Message 3 of 4 (803 Views)

Hero

I agree with you on that but I have found a lot of places in the game where things work similarly.  Once you do things for the first time, they are significantly easier for either the rest of your household or every other sim in the game in several places.  Like when you break through the mine shaft in either of the Oasis Springs locations to get to the Grotto.  It takes a certain handiness level to break through the first time.  After that it is always wide open for every other sim in the save thereafter.  There are other things like that too in later packs.

Message 4 of 4 (782 Views)