Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Creating sketches breaks Digitalastic Sketchpad

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP01: 1.assets.ml-ep01.298
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just took the Stylist career (please note, I took it before my daily job started, and it dropped the daily I had to give me the new one). My first daily for the career is 'Create Sketches'. I've tried, first doing several sketches on the 'Digitalastic Sketchpad' I received when I started the career. After I finished creating the sketches (none of which counted), the pad now only gives me the option of 'Paint from Reference' and 'Put in Inventory'. When I tried to sell the pad, it said it was worth 0 Simoleons. (Also, if I choose 'Paint from Reference', I take a picture and the Sim doesn't do anything at all.) I put the pad in storage, and bought a brand new one. At first, it gave me all the options, but as soon as I chose sketch, it did it (again without counting), and now only shows the same 'Paint from Reference' and 'Put in Inventory'. So I'm not sure if the issue is with the pad, the career, or what.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? I expected the SIM to do his sketches, and for them to tick off on the counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thank you for your time. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (5,112 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Sketchpad - Loses all menu choices except "Paint from Reference

Hero

Style Influencer Sims now perform Quick Sketch Impression without breaking the Digital Sketchpad. Be kind with your tools and toys.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (5,093 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stylist issue

Hero
@willparkinson Did you update to yesterday's patch ? The patch number you gave is not a number for PC/Mac.

You need to check the number at the bottom of your main menu,. Is it 1.53 ?

Did you get any lastexceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (5,092 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello, Crin!

Yes, I did update yesterday. (Fixed the vamp dark mediation bug, yay!)

1.53.115.1220 is the number on the main menu.

Message 3 of 19 (5,084 Views)

Hero
@willparkinson Do you get any lastexceptions with the board ? They should be in your documents folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (5,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I do. I'm trying to attach, but it won't stay where I put it.

[CM edit - merging posts]

I can paste it here, but not sure if that's allowed.
Message 5 of 19 (5,066 Views)

Hero
@willparkinson You can either paste it here or you can create a .rar file and upload that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (5,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi, Crin. I started a whole new family and chose the stylist. I got the Digital Sketchpad, made one design, then I get only the choice of putting it in inventory. 

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>1be0934da1bd6c865d3eda33</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2019-07-29 07:02:12</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.53.115.1220-1.200.000.400.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>carry_postures.py:696</categoryid><desyncid>1be0934da1bd6c865d3eda33</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: Unable to retrieve slot variable: &#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;StackVar: &#13;&#10; Found: &#13;&#10; Local Var var_map = _sims4_collections.frozendict({HAND: &lt;Hand.RIGHT = 2&gt;, INTERACTION_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x0ffb09c0520e01ab), CARRY_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x0ffb09c0520e01ab)})&#13;&#10; Local Var dest_state = PostureState(stand:803, posture_CarryNothing:137, posture_CarryNothing:804)&#13;&#10; Local Var slot_var = PostureSpecVariable.SLOT&#13;&#10; (&lt;PostureTransition: posture_CarryObject:761 to posture_CarryNothing:804&gtWink._interaction =  running sketchpad_Staging_SketchImpressionLoot:10375 on object_Sketchpad:0x0ffb09c0520e01ab  (guaranteed)&#13;&#10; Not Found: &#13;&#10Wink&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 417, in do_transition_animation&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\carry\carry_postures.py", line 696, in append_exit_to_arb&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: Unable to retrieve slot variable: &#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;StackVar: &#13;&#10; Found: &#13;&#10; Local Var var_map = _sims4_collections.frozendict({HAND: &lt;Hand.RIGHT = 2&gt;, INTERACTION_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x0ffb09c0520e01ab), CARRY_TARGET: object_Sketchpad(0x0ffb09c0520e01ab)})&#13;&#10; Local Var dest_state = PostureState(stand:803, posture_CarryNothing:137, posture_CarryNothing:804)&#13;&#10; Local Var slot_var = PostureSpecVariable.SLOT&#13;&#10; (&lt;PostureTransition: posture_CarryObject:761 to posture_CarryNothing:804&gtWink._interaction =  running sketchpad_Staging_SketchImpressionLoot:10375 on object_Sketchpad:0x0ffb09c0520e01ab  (guaranteed)&#13;&#10; Not Found: &#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 7 of 19 (5,006 Views)

Hero
@willparkinson Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (4,997 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Creating sketches breaks Digitalastic Sketchpad

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (4,959 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Creating sketches breaks Digitalastic Sketchpad

★★★ Apprentice

I went through some of the older posts about problems with the sketchpad and found out that the things people were saying are the same issue. If I send my SIM to the library and have him stand alone in the room, he can do sketch after sketch. As soon as someone talks to him, though, the problems start.

Message 10 of 19 (4,956 Views)