Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Counters not lining up while placed against a wall

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, island living, cats and dogs, get famous, city living, seasons, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Laundry day, kids room, movie hangout, vintage glamour, backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a corner counter against the wall and then try and connect another counter that is not against any wall to the corner counter
What happens when the bug occurs? the counter that i not against a wall sticks out further than the other counter. You can se the that the counter against the wall changes shape when placed against the wall
What do you expect to see? The counters lining up and that the counter stays the same while on against the wall or not
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.55.105.1020

Having some issues when counters are placed against the wall

Counter that is not against the wall and works fine

Counter placed against the wall that does not work

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (1,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Counters not lining up while placed against a wall

EA Sims Team

Hi,

I heard this is by design.

The game has always worked this way.

To get the counters to align, you can try holding the ALT key while holding the counter to use more precision when placing. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (1,694 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

Hi,

I heard this is by design.

The game has always worked this way.

To get the counters to align, you can try holding the ALT key while holding the counter to use more precision when placing. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 18 (1,695 Views)

Country Kitchen Counters

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All execpt: Batuu, Wedding Stories, Carnival Streetwear, Modern Menswear, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the country kitchen counters in an L-shape with one edge against a wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? The edge that isn't against the wall doesn't line up.
What do you expect to see? The counter edge to line up, as it does when not place against a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The bug is hard to describe - the screenshot shows it better. I notice this when trying to use these counters to build a bar in a restaurant. The outer edge of the counters should line up, regardless of whether they are placed against a wall or not.

Message 3 of 18 (1,587 Views)

Re: Country Kitchen Counters

It‘s not just the Country Kitchen Counters, it‘s all of them. I noticed this too, when building with the Island Living counters. The moment you place them with one side against a wall the corner piece shrinks. 

Message 4 of 18 (1,538 Views)

Re: Country Kitchen Counters

Hero
@MockPeas I merged your post with the existing thread. Although the pictures in OP don't work anymore, I believe it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (1,527 Views)

★★ Novice

Paging The Ministry of Crap Design!!

Message 6 of 18 (1,436 Views)

Kitchen counters not aligning properly from a corner counter. PC.

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions Packs, All Game Packs, All stuff packs excluding Home Chef Hustle. Most kits excluding Basement treasures, moonlight chic, carnival, modern menswear, Incheon, fashion street & throwback.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode (when editing an entire rental property (not within an active sim, I've not tried it when having a sim) - Kitchen counters. When placing the counters along a wall they seem fine. when placing a corner counter with no wall (as if it were open plan) the counter doesn't fit. I haven't been using bb. move objects and the counters are original sims not modded or third-party.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kitchen countertops don't join up properly and they are not the same size. A similar thing happens with the backs of some counters some don't have a backboard lip when placed up against a wall and then they do when free-standing this looks awful. (not sure if that bug though or just poor design)
What do you expect to see? Perfectly lined up countertops
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot 2023-12-27 094623.pngScreenshot 2023-12-27 094736.png

Message 7 of 18 (583 Views)

Re: Kitchen counters not aligning properly from a corner counter. PC.

Hero
@Luelliiee This has been deemed as by design. I merged your post with the existing report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (564 Views)

Why do you not slot properly??

★★★ Guide

Just why 😂😭😭Slotted to the wall - nope, slotted in the middle where it makes no sense - yup, that will do it.

03-31-24_5-35-52 PM.png

And this is with auto-placement, the horror

03-31-24_5-32-34 PM.png

Message 9 of 18 (394 Views)

Re: Why do you not slot properly??

Champion

@EeveeTinn   Hi!  My apologies but I'm wondering what it is you're trying to do there.  Is it the weird bumpout of the counter?  I've definitely have had some problems with getting just the right cabinet/counter configuration.  If you could provide more detail about what you're trying to accomplish, perhaps we could help you get a better setup?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 18 (364 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help