by darkaudit

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Continuing Original save after Save As fork resets achievements

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fork off a save with Save As, then exit and continue with the original save.
What happens when the bug occurs? All game achievements are reset.
What do you expect to see? Achievements that had long since been met should still be considered completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I forked off a branch of a 25-generation save for later use. When I exited the game and returned to the original version of the save, I was hit with a mass of achievement notices that had long since been completed. Others that had been completed by previous generations but not the current one were reset. The last alien baby was only four generations ago, but the achievement was locked again.

(As I type this, I realize I haven't checked the fork for achievements. Does the game consider the Save As fork as the true continuation of the save, and the "original" as the copy?)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,160 Views)

Re: Continuing Original save after Save As fork resets achievements

Hero
@darkaudit Sounds a bit like this although not sure if the person used save as: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Previously-unlocked-achievements-notifying-again-i...

I personally use save as a lot and never seen achievements being re-unlocked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,151 Views)

Re: Continuing Original save after Save As fork resets achievements

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I replied to that report. I'll have to wait until I get home from work to check the forked version to see if the old achievements carried over. 

Update

After checking the most recent fork, I cannot tell for sure which, if any, achievements were reset this time, but I can still say for certain that during the course of this 25-generation household some achievements were reset. In particular certain career level achievements and alien abduction/pregnancy. Sims much earlier on in this save have had triplets, but the achievement has been reset.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Continuing Original save after Save As fork resets achievement

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I am on Wednesday of the 15th week of my save. I got the 'just getting started' achievement (playing for 4 hours) again. Earlier today, I received the achievements that a sim had maxed handiness and that a sim had stayed awake for 24 hours (or maybe had done nothing social for 24 hours). The other is always one of the first I unlock, and there is no way I could go over 15 weeks in game without doing it if I tried. I have 2 sims in this household that have maxed handiness, and neither did it today. Discover 10 aliens is now locked, with progress 2/10. There are 3 aliens IN THE HOUSEHOLD. I've been doing save-as all throughout this save, because I'm playing the new career from dream home decorator and it's very buggy.

Update: I did a folder refresh and repaired my game. Even if I go back to my oldest version of this save file, the achievements are reset. It still says that 2 aliens have been discovered with 3 (undisguised) aliens in the household. My sims met 10 aliens before any of these aliens were conceived.

(merged threads) - Atic 

Message 4 of 5 (859 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Continuing Original save after Save As fork resets achievement

★★★ Novice

I have something very similar. I had to start a new game to play a scenario. I completed the scenario and returned to my main save. I immediately I loaded in with a new household within the main save, and the achievement for alphabet legacy (earned in another household) popped up, which was my alert that something was off. 

I checked my achievement list, and they were ALL locked except the alphabet legacy. The main save file was actually labeled as "achievements" because I was specifically hunting them. I had unlocked...very many. I exited the game and reloaded....still all gone. When I tried loading households that existed before I played the scenario, a batch of achievements would pile up - although not necessarily all the household had earned. And since numerous achievements had been earned in households long since deceased, I could not load each household to revive all or even most of my previously unlocked achievements. 

I own everything except the dust buster and retro clothing kits. I have never used any CC or mods. I have tried repairing the game with no luck. I am suuuuper disheartened, to express myself as politely as I can. I have over 4800 hours in the game overall Disappointed I reeeeally hope this is some weird user error and not a glitch...

Message 5 of 5 (562 Views)